SY-300 - Cleaner Polyphony by Splitting the Pitch Ranges on the SY-300

Started by Rhcole, February 01, 2017, 01:58:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhcole

Check out the two poly patches I just posted. I think they sound pretty good.
When you work with what the SY gives you, it's a really special box that has its own voice.

JiveTurkey

Quote from: Rhcole on February 04, 2017, 11:14:46 AM
Check out the two poly patches I just posted. I think they sound pretty good.
When you work with what the SY gives you, it's a really special box that has its own voice.
Forgot to respond on Saturday but I checked your patches out. I dig the Shimmer one quite a bit! Thanks for sharing!

Rhcole

Thanks, J.T.

The Shimmer patch turned out better than I expected. It is the best string-thingy pad patch I've heard for the SY so far, surprisingly usable. I made several other variants with 5ths and one with orchestral overtones.

I started out trying to get a pure shimmer reverb but the Oscs don't sound like classic shimmer verbs which are built around pitch-shifted guitar voices. But hey, it turned out great!

BROCKSTAR

Boss needs to step up their game and quit releasing so many things and fix the things they have. This is 2019 now and even line 6 is doing a great job at updating helix products past 3 or so years and many of the line 6 team hangs out on TGP forum, facebook helix forum and interact with us! That's how you make a product and keep it going! And for the love of whatever, boss needs to stay away from ever bringing COSM back into their stuff.