GT-1 - From a GT-100 & GT-001 owner - 1st Opinions on the GT-1

Started by Don Greco, January 20, 2017, 10:59:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Greco

I have had a GT-100 & GT-001 but had to sell the GT-100 when times got tight.
I kept the GT-001 and liked it a lot. To me it was just a GT-100 without controls.
Fit nicely in a guitar case too.
(GT-001) Hooked up to a touchscreen tablet or laptop all the controls are again retained (although not foot controlled) .
** Note ** The software controls are the best thought out and usable although scaling for different resolutions is still annoying !!

So turn the page to today ...
My GT-001 is with my other guitars in another state, so I figured why not just get the GT-1 ???
The price was right compared to the others (why hasn't the GT-001 come down a bit ?).
All in all I am not excited and satisfied with the GT-1. I may have been a little anxious and excited with expectations a little high.
The sound just isn't there.
NONE of my my patches that I spent a lot of time creating will work on the GT-1 whereas the patches were movable between the 100 & 001 with conversion.
small setup : Ibanez S series (not cheap, but not a prestige) connected via Beringer FRFR headphones.
I will continue to trudge through and see what I can come up with .....
.... STAY TUNED ......

(edit) OH, and what is up with BATTERY power ?? why not USB powered ?? portable using a USB Charging brick !!