GT-1 - I just got my new GT-1, WOW!

Started by beatpete, November 21, 2016, 09:52:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beatpete

I just got my new GT-1 and wow am I impressed. Boss really got it right with this (at least for me).
I love that you can change the up/down buttons to FX on/off, this is the way I usually use my multiFX (including my GP-10).
With the patch I've attached:

Up:      Amp Solo
Down   OD
CTL 1   Amp Type (Tweed, Soldano)
CTL 2   Tap Tempo (and momentary tuner)
CTL 3   Amp Type (Tweed, 5150 Drive)
EXP      Delay Level (max =0, min = 100) (when "OFF")
EXP Sw Wah (also turns Delay off)

I use FX2 after the amp with a subtle limiter to even out amp changes.

Also, on another patch that I set up for Rotary in FX1, I use the EXP pedal to change Rotary Speed via a Internal Pedal triggered by "EXP HI"

I can change patches by pressing both up/down for up and down/CTL 1 for up although I find it easier to use the first rotary controller (second is set to "patch level" and third is set to "preamp gain".

I've had various Boss multiFX over the years and this is the best yet, and only $199!

3kings

Thanks, great patch.  Very complex so it is a good way to learn programming the GT-1.  BTW what made you want to put the delay effect level as 0 at toe down and 100 at heel down instead of the usual opposite?

beatpete

So that when I go to use the wah, the delay is at minimum.

RogerVG8EX

I've also bought one, I like a lot the fact that you can assign up to 6 parameters. I like a lot the combination of the Multi Overtone with the rotary effect, it creates a very interesting organ sound and if you assign the expression pedal to control the speed of the rotary, you a have very good Hammond B3 sound. I'll upload the presets very soon

Elantric

QuoteI like a lot the fact that you can assign up to 8 parameters.

splitting hairs   - Boss GT-1 just supports 6 Control assignments

Elantric

Quote from: RogerVG8EX on November 29, 2016, 11:21:17 AM
I've also bought one, I like a lot the fact that you can assign up to 6 parameters. I like a lot the combination of the Multi Overtone with the rotary effect, it creates a very interesting organ sound and if you assign the expression pedal to control the speed of the rotary, you a have very good Hammond B3 sound. I'll upload the presets very soon

I was playing the Boss GT-1 patch "Metamorphosis" and yhre GT-1 Overtone effect simulates organ tones and tracked chords rather well using only the 1/4" Guitar input - prefer this over my EHX C9
https://static.roland.com/assets/media/pdf/GT-1_parameter_e01.pdf

METAMORPHOSIS GT Uses OVERTONE to produce an organ-like sound.

bbob

Quote from: Elantric on June 13, 2017, 10:33:38 AM
prefer this over my EHX C9

Thanks for this info.

I was going to buy a C9 but I better check out the GT-1 for organ like sound first.

Bob