Boss Katana Amps - VIDEOS

Started by Elantric, September 13, 2016, 10:40:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Elantric

admin

admin

TexasaurusRex

Exactly the info I needed,way cool. v2 rocks...sure appreciate the videos.

sikejsudjek

My first gig with the Katana (unfortunately the video camera was confused by the lighting but you get the idea). Couple of songs Can't Explain The Who and All Right Now Free. The amp really cuts through well and I only got it on about half volume on 50w mode before it was too loud !

Elantric

At 3:10 minute Rob Chapman - mentions the "Secret menu Amps available online!"
aka  "Katana Sneaky Amps"  thanks to the Katana Development Team

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?board=240.0

Elantric

admin

Elantric

Hellpig

Thought I'd share my review of the Boss Katana 100w 1x12:

Elantric

BenoA

Quiz for fun!  8)

When I started recording one of my new video, I had no idea I would turn it into a quiz.  ;D

I think Boss did a decent job with the new cab sim in the v2 firmware.

While working on the montage of my other video, at one point, I got confused with my audio tracks and it made me wonder which were the one done direct or recorded with mics... ???  ::)

I ended to be able to sort them out but that was a good reason to see how the members here would pick them apart.

The other video should be available in a few days, I'm still going through the montage at the moment. I will give the answer at the same time.

Elantric

Elantric

Elantric

Elantric

Elantric

Elantric

admin

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?posts/25836181/

Recorded this earlier today. Showcases both how well a PRS 594 and a Boss Katana can clean up using nothing but the guitar's controls. Lead and 0.5 watt setting.

admin

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?posts/25997530/

Quote from: ucnick, post: 25996546, member: 53708Wow. Thst is a sweet tone you got there. Not to mention some killer chops!
Would you (cough cough) perhaps consider sharing the preset?
Ghisi wrote>

Thanks!    The guitar is an old model built by Rocketfire guitars., strung with 10-42  Check them out, their pickups and build are awesome.

I've used the {Katana} crunch channel with gain around 10 O'Clock and volume around noon.  Spring reverb

and (@ 1:33 min) Blues Drive boost a bit above half way.

On the EQ side, i left the highs at about 8 O'Clock (very low) and presence at zero.

I used the 100W config with low volume (around 2),

Recorded with  one (Beyerdynamic opus 39 ) dynamic mic in the center of the speaker and one (Sennheiser e609) Ribbon mic in the back of the amp. into Scarlet 2nd gen too.  This config was intended to remove a bit of the fizzy highs you'll probably find when mic-ing this amp. Cheers!

With the 1x12 I have not experienced muddiness, but for recording you can feel some fizzy highs that are a bit annoying and had to be corrected with EQ.  Nevertheless, the Katana is a great amp for its intended purpose (practical, relatively cheap and with some good tones) Thanks again for listening..