Tonebridge from Ultimate Guitar

Started by Idgolfguy, September 22, 2016, 03:13:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Idgolfguy

Anyone using this free app.
I'm going to put it through its paces over the next week or so!
https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1117291846?ls=1&mt=8

von.church

Been using it while testing out a bunch of modelling apps for iOS.  Some presets sound ok, but would be nice to fine tune them and edit the full signal chain.

I like the feature that allows to listen to the clean guitar track before the effects. A lot of presets you get online sound different when you play them cause well.. they're played on different guitars.

Having the direct guitar is good for having a reference EQ curve for your guitar before applying modelling (do some match EQ, etc).

Singwas

How does tonebridge work? I mean: where are the ressources on my iOS-device for changing the incoming guitar sound? Where are all those amp-sims, effects and so on "stored"? The app is only 40 MB. Jam Up Pro for example in basic is nearly 300 MB.
GR 55
Godin LGXSA
Roland Testgitarre

Singwas

Thank you. I know these videos, and how to use tonebridge.
But my question seems to be more a basic iOS-question. I am curious how such a "small"app can produce all these different sounds? I think the loadable "songs" are something like presets / patches with fixed settings. Like I wrote, I am wondering, where are the "moduls" (amp sim, ODs, Mods, Delays, Reverbs...)? Other apps have houndreds of MB. On the opposite: The Flying Haggis is only 16 MB...
GR 55
Godin LGXSA
Roland Testgitarre

Elantric

IOS is a very efficient platform

Also Many Tonebridge functions require a live internet connection  - which streams the required resources in and out of RAM on the IOS device.