GP 10 Only certain strings sounding

Started by stublito, May 23, 2016, 01:31:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stublito

The way I understand the GP 10 is as a 6 voice synth, one voice per string. If this is correct, and Roland continues to provide complete sysex access to their products...

Is there a way to mute the sound of certain strings at a per patch level, perhaps using sysex? I know you could set pickup gains to zero, but that's not convenient.

Even deeper, if the sysex can address per string/synth channel parameters, can you have different sounds per string? If so do you know of anyone writing such an editor?

Stublito

Elantric

QuoteThe way I understand the GP 10 is as a 6 voice synth, one voice per string.

Is there a way to mute the sound of certain strings at a per patch level, perhaps using sysex?.

Use Boss Tone Studio for GP-10  to set each string level independant for each GP-10 patch

QuoteI know you could set pickup gains to zero, but that's not convenient

Its relative, depends on how close is the Laptop that is running BTS for GP-10 at the gig.

or simply setup an array of  GP-10 patches with the strings muted as desired and saved before the gig

The GP-10 Sysex commands are listed here in the
Boss GP-10 Complete MIDI Specification
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=10930.0

stublito

Thanks, sorry I missed that in the manual.

Sadly it looks like the patches apply to all strings tho...

I would hope that the MIDI out is independent of any patch parameters though (ie volume), I could then use an outboard synth plug for a second voice and map the voice min max note value there.

Lots of fun though. Thanks, Roland!

Stublito