PRIMOVA - GKFX-21 - Enhanced Subsonic Filter with many other features

Started by CodeSmart, July 22, 2015, 03:09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

QuoteMaybe I will test it too in my GP-10, but fortunately, and I must admit unexpectedly, my Godin XTSA is performing so well on synths like or GR-300 patchs with my GP-10, no false triggering or ghost notes, at least a lot less than the mess on GR-55! ...wondering improved filtering in GP-10 over GR-55?

I have both the GR-55 and GP-10 and a few Godin Guitars with RMC Piezo hex PU's

Piezo PU users find the GR-55 responds noticeably better with use of a third party High Pass Filter (RMC OPT-01, PrimovaSound GKFX-21, etc)

The stock GP-10 already works very good with Godin Guitars with RMC Piezo hex PU's - and the third party High Pass Filter is not required.

CodeSmart

A large (in my mind) number of GKFX-21 enclosures have been sent away for drilling. It's too freakin' cold in my garage (-10 C) and these guys does it much better with a NC milling machine.

I received an invoice from the paint shop for the last round of liquid metallic GP-10 yellow car paint at $450 and have decided to do like EHX for the future, paint the boxes plain white and print something nice on the front using a gel ink printer and just add final layer of clear coat.

I think my upcoming stuff will look different from before...wait and see  8)
But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!

CodeSmart

I've been hold back by a lack of the GK-cables I bundle with this pedal but it seems a ship load from Asia is incoming. My distributor is running a small cable factory in China with a handful employees. During the last three years I've ordered 200-300 cables and only one (1) of these have been defective. Pretty amazing.

This time I have ordered 0.5 meter, 1 meter and 3 meter.

There will be soon GKFX-21 pedals and cables for everyone on the waiting list (including myself, waiting for a Godin xtSA Koa through Shanti, Godin ETA six weeks :-)

CodeSmart

Well, things got to change. This is the new look. The yellow metallic car paint costed too much considering the price for this unit.
This is cheaper to produce but a little bit more sensitive to scratches (even though there's a thin 2-component clear coat on top of the print),
but I think it's pretty ok anyhow. What do you think?
Current price with 1-meter gold plated GK Cable and shipping & PayPal fees is $148USD. Email: sound@primova.se
Building as fast as I can :P

Elantric

Autana

Quote from: CodeSmart on February 10, 2016, 05:28:17 PM

but I think it's pretty ok anyhow. What do you think?

Absolutly gorgeous, stylish and elegant!  I am proud of my yellow one, even more now that become a collector's item  ;D  but this new look makes me hope the second delivery with more cravings . 
GR-55, GP-10, GI-20, Godin xtSA, GodinNylon MultiAc, Giannini classical, 3 GK-3'd gtrs, Cube 80XL, Primova GKFX-21 (x2)

Fear just pulls you out of being true to music, which is coming from a place of love. Love is the opposite of fear. I stay away from anything fear-related.
- Tal Wilkenfeld -

whippinpost91850

gumbo

Fabulous!
..even makes me think about NOT putting it all in a custom box with other stuff now...    ...sigh!
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

brinkvox

Nice!  Mine should be arriving any day I'm told.  So psyched to add this to the chain!  Thanks Codesmart!

gumtown

Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

CodeSmart

Finally got enough units to clear the GKFX-21 waiting list. Feels good.
Now over to the dreaded MIDX-10 waiting list...

brinkvox

Got a "pink slip" from the USPS today letting me knows mine is ready for pick up!  Woohoo!  Thanks Codesmart,

Autana

Quote from: Elantric on December 21, 2015, 03:12:17 PM

The GR-55 responds noticeably better with use of a third party High Pass Filter (RMC OPT-01, PrimovaSound GKFX-21, etc)

Totally agree with you, the GKFX-21 has been a cure and an improved. Thinking of when I sold my first brand new GR-55 (2011) because of problems with my Godin XTSA, a little patience and foresight would have allowed me to have the couple "blue and black" now, although the GP-10 is greatly welcome.
GR-55, GP-10, GI-20, Godin xtSA, GodinNylon MultiAc, Giannini classical, 3 GK-3'd gtrs, Cube 80XL, Primova GKFX-21 (x2)

Fear just pulls you out of being true to music, which is coming from a place of love. Love is the opposite of fear. I stay away from anything fear-related.
- Tal Wilkenfeld -

CodeSmart

I still got units. If you have a Godin older than 2012, or any other Piezo guitar (Parker etc.) without integrated filter, this unit helps.
US Price: $148 USD including shipping/PayPal fees etc. It's bundled with a 1 meter (39") Gold-plated GK Cable.

Vade

+1

I think the unit looks great and you've provided an elegant and easy solution to a common problem. You should be proud of what you've accomplished with this!
Drachen; Fender FTP Strat w/internal GK-3, Godin xtSA w/FTP, Boss GP-10, VoiceLive 3, Scarlett 18i8, ZBox IQ01, On-Lap 1502i, D:fine 4088, 4E Dual Axis Exp Pedal, VoiceSolo FX-150, Yamaha DXR 10, Gem. M2 Flute, Special 20 Harmonicas. Fender Deluxe Reverb Mahogany Cane.

https://soundcloud.com/vadie

mmmmgtr

Can the mix out on this box be configured as an effects loop?

CodeSmart

Quote from: mmmmgtr on May 05, 2016, 07:25:26 AM
Can the mix out on this box be configured as an effects loop?

It does what the manual say and nothing more, nothing less:
GKFX21_Manual.pdf

You could but some pedal before the input jack or you could hijack the  hex modelled GR-55 guitar out and put some pedal in between and inject the stuff back to the GKFX-21 input jack back into GK Pin7, (however be careful not to create a feedback loop).

Rhcole

CodeSmart

I need to pull my act together and order components and enclosures.
The MIDX-20 has taken all my available time  :P
I also had plans to re-design and put the jacks directly on the board to cut down mounting time, but might not have time for it. I now have few a handful guys on the waiting list.

I'll see what I can do...

rmarton123

I just got referred to your stuff and I think it's amazing. Looks very professional. I believe I'm going to be interested itn the GFX-21 and an extra GK-13 cable or 2.

Checked out your website and see you're out of parts for the unit. Hope you'll get some going soon.

Thanks for putting this kind of stuff together. It's great.

CodeSmart

Quote from: rmarton123 on October 22, 2016, 11:37:19 PM
I just got referred to your stuff and I think it's amazing. Looks very professional. I believe I'm going to be interested itn the GFX-21 and an extra GK-13 cable or 2.

Thanks. I'm ordering things for a new batch right now, but expect no deliverable units until February as I'm out traveling most of December and January.

vtgearhead

Quote from: CodeSmart on October 23, 2016, 12:37:52 AM
I'm out traveling most of December and January.

Before you leave on your travels, is there any chance of getting a MIDX-10 firmware build that puts Fender on MIDI channel 2?

CodeSmart

Quote from: snhirsch on October 23, 2016, 06:17:36 AM
Before you leave on your travels, is there any chance of getting a MIDX-10 firmware build that puts Fender on MIDI channel 2?
Yes of course. Pronto!
Just need to pack a few things that needs to go out today.

CodeSmart

I'm so proud Gundy Keller http://www.gkmasterclass.de/, a super-great guitarist and entrepreneur is sending my this picture.
Very kind of you. Thanks!

I have just received enclosures for more GKFX-21 units but need also to order the interiors for the upcoming batch in 2017.

The filter helps a lot with Piezo guitars without a built-in filter, like Godin's older than 2012 etc. but any subsonic filter is not helping much with GK-3 pickups.
For GK pickups you should instead seek deeper understanding of tweaking the GR-55 parameters.
Some people also buy this pedal to be able to connect a regular guitar into the GR-55 and control S1/S2 using external foot switches.
http://www.primovasound.com/gkfx_21.html

CodeSmart

Hm...struggling with a re-design of the GKFX-21. It's really crowded. Within the same space as before, I also want to add:
A) A switch to turn the hex filter OFF. Then this pedal can be used also by bass players to route a GK bass and a regular bass/guitar/mandolin/etc. into the GR-55, or do pre-effects described in B.

B) A switch to change routing from MIX OUT so the OUT and IN jacks can form a pre-synth effect loop before the regular pickup hits the Roland device. The effect loop could potentially be a tube amp in overdrive etc. The Volume knob would make it possible to adjust the Pin7 gain to the Roland device where further modulation like delay, chorus etc. could be added, mixed with the hex signal processing. The other knob would in this mood allow mixing the raw and effect loop signals.

If I succeed, the new thing might be called "GKFX-22" or another good name would be "why the h*ll won't I shut up until I got something working"  ::)