Recent Posts

GK Piezo Hex (RMC,Ghost,etc) / Godin Lgxt
Last post by Best_Peasant - April 12, 2024, 01:07:09 PM
Looking at a second hand godin lgxt.
Any watch outs for this type of guitar on 2nd hand market?
VB-99 General / Re: GK volume knob maxes out a...
Last post by Elantric - April 12, 2024, 12:08:31 PM
Quote from: gclev on April 12, 2024, 11:47:48 AMIt seems to do something different everyday. Now when I have the gk volume mapped to v-bass level the volume snaps to either 100 or 200 depending on which version of the vbass level it's mapped to (0-100 or 0-200). So that works properly I think. But when I switch the gk to bass only, the v-bass level drops to 0 and I can't hear anything. This happens in every patch and not what it was doing yesterday. When I first got the vb last week I swear the switch was working right. Pretty sure I was able to get only bass pu when the gk switched to bass only. So very strange...

Thats intended

The non selected choice is muted, the GK Synth ( VBass Models ) are muted when GK-3B 3 way switch  is in the "BASS" position ( this puts 0 volts on Pin 8 , GK-VOL control voltage pin

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=14088.0

Last post by gclev - April 12, 2024, 11:47:48 AM
It seems to do something different everyday. Now when I have the gk volume mapped to v-bass level the volume snaps to either 100 or 200 depending on which version of the vbass level it's mapped to (0-100 or 0-200). So that works properly I think. But when I switch the gk to bass only, the v-bass level drops to 0 and I can't hear anything. This happens in every patch and not what it was doing yesterday. When I first got the vb last week I swear the switch was working right. Pretty sure I was able to get only bass pu when the gk switched to bass only. So very strange...
Last post by gclev - April 12, 2024, 11:22:47 AM
That explains it, Elantric. Thanks. Do you know why the gk volume level maxes out at 42 and how to get it to be 100?

I use an FC300 as well but normally assign the foot switches to fx. If I can get the gk volume issue figured out, I'll just leave the gk volume assign to v-bass level to maintain integrity of the gk switches.
GP10 has stunning Nylon Guitars (you can find great patches here by contributing members) and you can apply a whammy bar. Having used MG2 and MG3 as beta, I have hooked an expression pedal Transpose, to act as Pitch Bender message (EDIT : PB is not a CC - is a message and the previous statement was not clear). In that case, at least for synths sounds works great. A whammy bar will be interpreted in steps (If chromatic is ON) or increments when chromatic is OFF... So if it's a MIDI generated sound one should use MIDI CC for manipulation and provide the best audio source for processing. Bending is very close to Whammy bar and it's usually interpreted correctly but it depends on the sound parameters. As sound is generated by HW MIDI Module and/or Soft Synth it all depends on how the sound generation is built. For example Glide and Portamento are useful to mask pitch jumps.
In any case GP10/VG99 are superior in that respect to sampled instruments or PCM + synthesis engines. So test MG2 before buy.  ;)
Boss RC-600 Looper / Re: Proper level for input?
Last post by IMH1234 - April 11, 2024, 10:11:05 PM
Quote from: Petros_k on April 11, 2024, 04:31:13 PMIt appears that the lower your input level when recording the tracks the more headroom you'll have at the loop output meter. But is the loop output meter "overloaded" if it exceeds 100? So far that's not a problem with me but I guess you could just turn down the loop output level.

Sounds like you have your answer right here. A simple rule of thumb for proper gain staging - use input gain to get an optimum signal inside the unit and output gain to set the level going into the next device. Do this and 95%+ of the time you will get the right answer
Last post by fokof - April 11, 2024, 09:15:10 PM
Can't help , as I never used that switch , I find it's more useful to switch anything/everything the foot.

NUX FX General Discussion / Re: NUX - Cerberus Multi-FX w...
Last post by Brent Flash - April 11, 2024, 09:00:47 PM
Quote from: tonyzakk on April 10, 2024, 06:28:20 AMHi, sorry to reactivate the discussion but I have a small problem with my NUX Cerberus in the MIDI section.
There is a slight latency when I switch between presets on my amp,
can someone help me?
thanks
Hopefully someone that has the gear you are asking about will chime in to help out. We have a lot of wonderful members that like to help if they can. Sorry I don't have any useful info to help you!  8)
NUX FX General Discussion / Re: NUX - Cerberus Multi-FX w...
Last post by Brent Flash - April 11, 2024, 08:57:19 PM
Welcome to the gourd tonyzakk!  :)
Last post by Elantric - April 11, 2024, 08:37:54 PM
The point is , if GK-Volume is remapped to other functions, the three way Guitar/Mix/Synth switch no longer works