VG-99 - Flash 6str Frettless with MP3 demo

Started by Elantric, February 25, 2008, 11:37:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

<Brent Flash wrote:>
This is a 6 string bass tuned accordingly. I did not spend much time on this one because there was some interest in what exactly the DEFRETTER effect could do. It will not get rid of the steps of the frets but it does give you the tone of a fret-less bass. I will work on it more if there is any interest in it.

All Flash patches have the GK-3 volume disabled and is a tone and most have the switches changing the pickups. Keep the GK-3 volume knob (now tone) about half way to start out and adjust from there. Also these patches are not intended to be used with the regular pickups. If you use a mix of GK and regular pickups on any alternate tuning patches they will sound pretty bad. I programed these with the FC-300 but have put some features on the VG-99's control buttons. There is also a tap tempo that controls the delay in some cases on Control 2 on the VG. If you are using the FC-300 with your VG-99 and are using extra switches and CV pedals you will find that there are solo, effects levels, etc. assigned to the external controls. You can look in the editor to see what is what or just experiment to see what happens. If you have any question please feel free to post them. I hope everyone will find these useful.

Brent Flash

I thought I would post this mp3 demo here since it does feature the bass patch along with other VG patches. I will also repost the patch since it has been updated. I tuned this one like a four string because I felt it was a little more stable maintaining the transposition to bass and the ribbon control and EXP PEDAL 1 on the FC-300 will do bends so you can emulate the frettless sound.

Mp3 demo below.

Smash

Ludek

really beautiful, where can I hear some of your recordings Brent?
Ludek

Brent Flash

Quote from: Ludek on April 02, 2010, 02:03:40 AM
really beautiful, where can I hear some of your recordings Brent?
Ludek
Thanks Ludek, are you asking about more recordings of VG-99 demos?

ZCloudbuster

Kudos on that rendition....sounded brilliant. I'm missing something though: When I use it, I hear frets. What am I doing wrong?

*EDIT*...ignore me I just realised...you use the D-beam or Ribbon LOL.

...so...what's does the 'defretter' effect do?

Brent Flash

The slides are done with the pedal on the FC-300. I did this a while back so I am not sure but I think I have it setup to slide with EXP 1 on the FC-300. I thought I had put instructions but maybe not. I'll check.

Brent Flash

Yes, I thought I had, it mentions it in Reply #1.
Thanks!

ZCloudbuster

Yea....typical of me to miss that. Sorry.

By the way...knowing you played those glissandos with a pedal just makes it more impressive.

Brent Flash

Thanks! Wish the DEFRETTER realy would get rid of the fret sound.  ;)