Logo Contest for VGuitar Forums

Started by Slackjaw, September 25, 2010, 04:18:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slackjaw

I thought it would be fun to put out the call for any photoshop-types would would consider creating a logo for our site here.  I would post them all and the community would vote.  The winner gets the satisfaction of seeing thier logo creation become the identity of these here forums.  And a "special title" which appears under thier screename, forevermore.  Plus good karma points and whatever else I can throw in.

My preference would be a logo that can be pretty wide, but not too tall.  Any takers?
My Rig: Brian Moore i2.13 > Guitar Rig 4 and Roland GR-09 > Ableton Live 8 Suite > Alesis  MasterControl > Little Dot 1+ > Allesandro MS-1 Headphones > My Head > My Soul

ddlooping

Hello Rob :)

Basic concept....

Diaz Guitars (work in progress)

Slackjaw

My Rig: Brian Moore i2.13 > Guitar Rig 4 and Roland GR-09 > Ableton Live 8 Suite > Alesis  MasterControl > Little Dot 1+ > Allesandro MS-1 Headphones > My Head > My Soul

ddlooping

Thanks, I'm glad you like it. :)

I don't have much time to tweak it so let me know if you have any suggestions. ;)

A2theT

HEAVY on the METAL
Axe-Fx II, Roland VG-99 + FC-300, Roland GR-55, Digitech Jamman Stereo, Ibanez/ESP/Jackson Guitars

Slackjaw

I like the pick.  I put something together with ddlooping's logo for now, but the "contest" is on!  We'll give it a week or so to see if their are any more "entries".  Then we'll have a poll.

~R

Brent Flash

Quote from: ddlooping on September 25, 2010, 06:44:37 AM
Hello Rob :)

Basic concept....

I like this but would like to see the G in guitar as big as the V so we get a VGuitar look. Just a suggestion.

Brent Flash

Quote from: A to the T on September 25, 2010, 03:24:25 PM

I also like these...the colors don't match as good as the other entry but that could be a good thing. I don't know. The advantage of the other is we can see how it will look and the colors match pretty good. This is gonna be a hard decision. Are we gonna set up a pole or vote on this?

A2theT

Well the nice thing about this technology is once a logo is decided on we can change all the colours in use.  :)
HEAVY on the METAL
Axe-Fx II, Roland VG-99 + FC-300, Roland GR-55, Digitech Jamman Stereo, Ibanez/ESP/Jackson Guitars

ddlooping

Quote from: Brent Flash on September 26, 2010, 11:10:25 AM
I like this but would like to see the G in guitar as big as the V so we get a VGuitar look. Just a suggestion.
Ok, I'll give it a try. ;)
Quote from: Brent Flash on September 26, 2010, 11:16:56 AM
I also like these...the colors don't match as good as the other entry but that could be a good thing. I don't know. The advantage of the other is we can see how it will look and the colors match pretty good. This is gonna be a hard decision. Are we gonna set up a pole or vote on this?
I wanted to have some feedback before I spent more time on it.
I'll match the colors more precisely. :)

ddlooping

Updated version...

- Matching colors
- Bigger "G"
- Added shadows and halo

Edit: updated

ddlooping

It's not fair, A to the T has more than 1 entry and he nicked my idea.  :P ;D

XISTH information

I thought the plural of 'forum' was 'fora'.

ddlooping

A2theT

Quote from: ddlooping on September 26, 2010, 01:35:22 PM
It's not fair, A to the T has more than 1 entry and he nicked my idea.  :P ;D

LoL.  I'm still not sure if i like any of them enough.
HEAVY on the METAL

ddlooping

A2theT

ok, i adjusted mine a bit. starting to like them more.  ddlooping, your latest version is much improved.
HEAVY on the METAL

ddlooping

Thanks, A to the T, I quite like your second new entry. :)

ddlooping

Hey, could the winner also have an avatar of his choice? :)

ddlooping

LeeMorant

should have the - in between the V and G as on the actual unit i reckon!

Slackjaw

Quote from: ddlooping on September 26, 2010, 08:02:13 PM
Hey, could the winner also have an avatar of his choice? :)

As far as I know, I've got the permissions already open to allow this.  Not working?

UPDATE:  Yep, just did it.  Permissions to do so are open to all members.  Let me know if you don't see the same thing.

Slackjaw

Quote from: ddlooping on September 26, 2010, 08:48:56 PM
In situ...

Images On/Off details...

Love the V icons!  While I do like the "info bar" info in the header, I am not really wanting to move and/or combine major components.  It's not that it's difficult, it's just becuase the more layout customization that gets done, the further from "the default" things get.  And inevitably something down the road breaks.  Make sense?

Slackjaw

Yep...I think I know what I did to break the top header in non-IE.

UPDATE: Fixed

ddlooping

Somehow I ended-up posting the following reply in the wrong thread.  :-[

------------------------

Quote from: Admin Rob on September 27, 2010, 03:27:05 AM
As far as I know, I've got the permissions already open to allow this.  Not working?

UPDATE:  Yep, just did it.  Permissions to do so are open to all members.  Let me know if you don't see the same thing.

Thanks, I'll check it out. :)
Edit: very tiny. :(

Quote from: Admin Rob on September 27, 2010, 03:30:42 AM
Love the V icons!  While I do like the "info bar" info in the header, I am not really wanting to move and/or combine major components.  It's not that it's difficult, it's just because the more layout customization that gets done, the further from "the default" things get.  And inevitably something down the road breaks.  Make sense?
I'm not sure what you mean, Rob, as all I've done in the mockup is move the logged-in user avatar and "Show recent posts from all topics...." info to the right and put the logo on the left.
I haven't made any changes to the rest of the layout.
That was made from an Opera screen capture though, where A to the T already mentioned the logo does not appear.
Edit: it does now. ;)