Eventide H9 Max

Started by Elantric, January 12, 2016, 09:48:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

Eventide H9 MAX
https://www.eventideaudio.com/products/stompboxes/multi-effect-processor/h9
http://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/the-eventide-h9-owners-thread-part-4.1571858/page-23

H9 Max
Time, Mod, Pitch, Space Preloaded with all effect algorithms and associated presets from the popular Eventide stompboxes.

TimeFactor: 9 Delay algorithms + Looper
ModFactor: 10 Modulation algorithms
PitchFactor: 10 Pitch + Delay algorithms
Space: 12 Reverb algorithms
H9 exclusive: UltraTap, Resonator, EQ Compressor, CrushStation
99 factory presets
The H9 Max also includes all future algorithms created for the platform at no additional charge.

Elantric

thebrushwithin

It is a very advanced pedal ! There are many folks on the Kemper forum, that own one, or more, and use them in the Kemper loop. Top notch sounds, as expected - it is an Eventide!

GovernorSilver

I love the Resonator algorithms.

Well, I love just about all them really. 

I'm in the process of figuring out how to route signal to both the H9 Max and the Octatrack, with the flexibility to sample H9 noises into the Octatrack, and also process Octatrack output through the H9.  Seems like the solution would be to get a mixer with at least two aux send busses, with the OT on one send, and the H9 on the other.

Elantric

Spider

New algo TimeSpace

http://cyfrowogitarowo.pl/archiwa/709
SpaceTime is a new Modulation / Delay / Reverb algorithm for Eventide's H9 Core, H9, and H9 MAX stompboxes. It's like having 3 effects pedals in one. SpaceTime features a custom UI for ultimate versatility and independent control of each effect. https://www.eventideaudio.com/h9

Google Translation
SpaceTime: three in one for Eventide H9
Eventide at fair NAMM 2016 prepared the premiere of a new algorithm for processing H9. It is the Space Time, which is a combination chorus, delay and reverb in one algorithm.

When in July described the interesting-sounding digital distortion in the form of emulation algorithm CrushStation casually I mentioned that an inquisitive user can sowim H9 to discern the two mysterious algorithms: Sculpt and SpaceTime. Soon the premiere will be the second one.

It is a response to requests from users about the possibility of using several methods at once. It lacks especially for the effect-loop, or modulation, reverb and delay line. In the presentation it, he can do much more (which means that the DSP H9 is capable of more than a series of Factor ...) than the algorithm ModEchoVerb.

There are three separately controlled effects: chorus (control rate and Level), two Daley (Dly A Dly B Fbk 2, Level) based on an algorithm Vintage Delay and Reverb (decay, Color, Level) which is a combination algorithm Plate and plug UltraReverb. Interesting is the ability to choose the signal routing between effects. The first modulation is always followed by the points of delay and reverb, which can be connected one by one or in parallel. Of course, nothing stands in the way to each of the sections worked independently. How does it work? Hear for yourself.

admin

NAMM 2016: Hear and See Eventide's H9 Max Harmonizer Effect Processor in Action
Posted 01/19/2016 at 12:37pm | by Guitar World Staff
0Comments

RELATED CONTENT
Eventide Launches H9 MAX Stompbox — Demo Video
Review: Eventide H9 Max Harmonizer/Effect Processor — Video
Demo Video: Eventide H9 Core Harmonizer Stompbox
Eventide H9 Control App Update Now Supports PitchFactor, ModFactor and Space
Eventide Pedals at 2014 Summer NAMM: TimeFactor Software Update, H9 Control — Demo Video
Below, enjoy a demo video of Eventide's H9 Max harmonizer pedal.

The H9 Max comes pre-loaded with all the effects from each of Eventide's TimeFactor, ModFactor, PitchFactor and Space stompboxes, including the new Looper, plus all H9 exclusive algorithms in perpetuity at no additional cost.

H9 MAX comes bundled with 45 effect algorithms and more than 500 factory presets. H9 Max is full of Eventide's handpicked algorithms of boundary-smashing effects heard on hit records spanning more than four decades. H9 Max owners can share these algorithms with up to four additional H9s on a single Eventide.com account.

H9 Max features a simple, one-knob user interface and fully featured as a standalone stompbox.

Using H9 Max with the included H9 Control app for Windows, OSX, or iOS wirelessly via Bluetooth makes creating and managing presets, and live control of multiple H9s a snap.

"The H9 Max is the ultimate bundled H9 for those who want it all," said Ray Maxwell, Eventide's VP of sales and marketin

GovernorSilver

H9 Max owners can share these algorithms with up to four additional H9s on a single Eventide.com account.

That was one of the reasons I bought mine.  So when I get an H9 Core, it effectively becomes a 2nd H9 Max.  Value gets even better as more H9s are acquired.

My initial plan was to use the H9 for processing the pickup on my acoustic viola, and processing my purely electronic instruments, with my VG-99 still in the mix for my GK'd guitars. 

Elantric

QuoteThe Max has 45 modules, the core includes 1. The standard H9 includes around 12 modules I believe.

The most cost efficient way is to buy a Max which saves you $300 over maxing a Core.

There would be two reasons to be buy a core- if you already have a Max Eventide lets you share the modules between up to 5 devices on your account so if you wanted to have 2+ H9s you'd want a Max+a Core to have the most modules for the least dollars.

The second reason to buy a core would be if you only wanted 2-3 modules and you are sure you'd never want to expand. But generally- most guys I would recommend they just get the Max.

Elantric

release notes for v2.6 update:

"Release Notes
H9 Control v.2.6.0
This version introduces the new algorithm, SpaceTime, a multi-effects algorithm combining Modulation, two Delays, and Reverb into one, easy to use effect.
The Harpeggiator was updated with additional graphics illustrating the active pitch and rhythmic patterns.
New systems settings were added to prevent iOS devices from sleeping while H9 Control is open and to allow sorting of the algorithms in the algorithm screen.
And bug fixes were made that affected the renaming of H9 devices and the reordering of presets in a preset list with TimeFactor devices"

Elantric

Bassist Doug Wimbish talks candidly with MC about the WimBASH event for NAMM's charity, his relationship with TEC Award winner Eventide and offers advice to young, hungry artists to get an endorsement deal.

acousticglue

Has anyone tried this direct from guitar to soundcard and using VST amps/cabs?

nervoteso

i've updated my h9 to max, it's great. a question: if i buy another h9 can i use all the alghoritms as max if i log with my account?

GovernorSilver

Quote from: nervoteso on February 10, 2016, 04:42:05 AM
i've updated my h9 to max, it's great. a question: if i buy another h9 can i use all the alghoritms as max if i log with my account?

That's my understanding.  You can buy up to 4 (or is it 3? You better check the official info instead of relying on me ;)) H9 Cores and they can all share your H9 Max algorithms.

vxboogie

Quote from: nervoteso on February 10, 2016, 04:42:05 AM
yes. I had a Max and a Core and could use any algorithm on both. Sold the Core due to lack of use since buying a Helix.

nervoteso

added an other h9 core, my favourite pedal, pitch factor stuff is incredible, never heard stuff like this

Elantric

acousticglue

ordered one today via Sweetwater

acousticglue

Well for some reason plugging guitar into the unit in input one and going stereo out to Layla24 then with a VST guitar plugin in Reaper the sound was brittle in most cases. Didn't like it and am returning it. The unit was said to do just the opposite. My RP500 FX on other hand sounded better/warmer.

imerkat

Quote from: acousticglue on April 04, 2016, 02:45:56 AM
Well for some reason plugging guitar into the unit in input one and going stereo out to Layla24 then with a VST guitar plugin in Reaper the sound was brittle in most cases. Didn't like it and am returning it. The unit was said to do just the opposite. My RP500 FX on other hand sounded better/warmer.

Try changing the bypass mode to relay. the DSP output puts a sheen on the tone. it sounds like you need to also adjust the input level.

GovernorSilver

I agree, check the input level.  It can be set to -10db or line level.  Maybe other settings that are not on the top of my head.

Acoustic guitar w/preamp vs. electric guitar will have different requirements of course.

acousticglue

Well unfortunately for me or Eventide the unit was registered since was demo. They didnt unregister before sending and I am impatient. The rep stated not super to connect direct to guitar to sound card like I was using it. Said was for amp or line level really. Since I couldnt do squat with it over the weekend it went back. Wont let you update, change any parameters until registered. Software will not work. :-[

GovernorSilver

If the Eventide rep won't help you, get a hold of his/her boss at Eventide.

admin

QuoteIf the Eventide rep won't help you, get a hold of his/her boss at Eventide.

Its not Eventide's problem - Fault lies with  Sweetwater for selling a demo H9 pedal that was not unregistered

Quoteordered on today via Sweetwater
Well unfortunately for me or Eventide the unit was registered since was demo. They didnt unregister before sending and I am impatient.

Rather like buying an iPhone that is already pre registered and filled with apps that you didn't purchase.

Sweetwater should give you a refund. The "non Max" H9 is all about buying add-on effects via its Eventide H9 Control App store  (Which is why I recommend get the H9 Max 1st)
https://www.eventideaudio.com/support/downloads/h9-maxout-program

QuoteH9 Control

H9 Control is the ultimate tool for optimizing your experience with all the Eventide stompboxes.  Use it to manage preset lists, update firmware, configure an auxilliary switch, listen to demos without hardware, backup your settings and more. H9 Control not only gives you incredible control over parameters and settings, but it encourages you to explore new sonic territory. Fold, spindle and even mutilate your sound and experience what it's like to be inspired by your gear.

H9 Control runs on Windows, Mac and iOS, connects wirelessly via Bluetooth to the H9 and using a USB cable to connect to the Space, PitchFactor, TimeFactor and Modfactor stompboxes and is available for free.

In 2014 Eventide introduced the H9 MAX which includes all current and future algorithms and presets created for the H9. This document describes how you can upgrade your H9 or H9 Core unit to be an H9 Max. Firstly, a recap of the features of the H9 Max.

All 45 current effect algorithms and over 500 presets created for the H9 ($900 value)

All future effect algorithms created for the H9 (priceless)

QuoteWell for some reason plugging guitar into the unit in input one and going stereo out to Layla24 then with a VST guitar plugin in Reaper the sound was brittle in most cases.

Your is experience is to be expected if you dont have your VST Plug Guitar Amp's Speaker Cab simulator set correctly