VG-99 Mag PU Only - Clean Strat

Started by duffy, August 03, 2010, 04:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duffy

Here's the file for the tune St. Jude.It's just a strat direct so you should get the same results if you plug your strat into the guitar input.

727lawrence

OK. I must be missing something really obvious here, but I can't get any volume out of this patch. I love the tone, but it's WAY softer than all my other patches. Any clues as to the reason?

Thanks!

Brent Flash

I have not checked out this patch but you should check FV VOLUME, BALANCE, GUITAR VOLUME, PATCH LEVEL, MIXER A and B levels. These all could have been saved at a lower setting than intended. I know I have done that before. A lot to keep up with when you are making a patch.

Also the author of the patch may have his string sensitivity way up so everything else would be down compared to most patches on this site.

Hope this helps! If not let me know and I will check it for you.
Flash

727lawrence

I'm not sure what FV Volume is, but none of the volume controls I mess with make any difference on this patch. I know there's something hiding under a knob somewhere, but damned if I can find it! He has everything skewed to the A channel only, so the B channel really shouldn't be in play here. If you can figure it out I'll owe you one  ;D

Brent Flash

Quote from: 727lawrence on August 11, 2010, 03:42:49 PM
I'm not sure what FV Volume is, but none of the volume controls I mess with make any difference on this patch. I know there's something hiding under a knob somewhere, but damned if I can find it! He has everything skewed to the A channel only, so the B channel really shouldn't be in play here. If you can figure it out I'll owe you one  ;D
Try this one.

Brent Flash

Just so you will know it was the FV VOLUME. This is in the FX rack and usually is controlled by an expression pedal either on the FC-300 or plugged into the back of the VG.

I also had to turn the NORMAL PICKUP level down because it was clipping the level on the signal chain. Those are the only too adjustments I made.
Sorry, I have been calling it FV VOLUME and it is actually FOOT VOLUME from around 5 to 100 and NORMAL PICKUP level from 100 to 50. That is all I did, I hope it works for you!  ;)

727lawrence

Excellent, thank you! That foot volume is not something I've had to deal with before, although I do have an FC-300. I actually had to cut it way back from what you did. It was screaming loud  ;D

Thanks again.

Brent Flash

Great!  ;D You are welcome!