FTP - Finally have Godin Montreal FTP up and running

Started by BobbyD, April 17, 2015, 02:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BobbyD

Hello friends,

I realize this "niche" topic does not get as many posts and responses as the other forums as this site is dedicated to Roland Guitar Cynthy's.  I was looking to accomplish two items with this post and if that happens, I will be an extremely happy camper.

1.) I use Ableton as my DAW and want to find out if there any good or even great Packs I can Purchase that give me a much huger palette of sounds to choose from when using the FTP.  MY jaw hit the ground last week when Fishman dialed in and set me up that I played for 2 /12 hours on a single patch before changing patches.  Saying that might seem contradictory as to why I want to explore new sounds but in the last week, I seriously played guitar 10 hours a day and went through all the patches from Fishman which are amazing.  So I am willing to drop $100 or so on a patch that I will ONLY purchase if recommend from a person who owns a FTP =because you get what this is all about.

2.)  I am not a beginner at guitar and in a few months I will now be playing for 38 years.  What I would LOBVE to do more than anything else and never charge a penny  is to add MIDI guitar to anyone who writes any type of music, especially EDM because the MIDI guitar  lends itself nicely to that style of music. I believe I can take a track, listen to it, and add little nuance or big sounds that could make a good track great.  This doesn't cost the owner of the original track any time or money. I do all the work and if likes the  tracks, great. My additions are a gift and  are his to keep and he/she never pays me a penny.  Why do I do this you ask?   I have always got the most enjoyment from music when creating. I never enjoyed playing in copy bands and always loved when we added originals with our covers. I want to become a MIDI guitar expert and the only way to do so besides playing 10 hours a day is start working with other musicians and this will force me to learn textures, new sounds, frequency spectrum, and learn what works in certain situations. I would  LOVE to collaborate with another FTP users to see what we can come up with. There  is great free service called Splice.com I just got turned on to that I am going to use so if anyone has any ideas, or knows of any artists that would like to hear someone else add some ideas  to there music, please give me a shout or send a PM.  Thanks