Re: VG-99 - How to make your Guitar / Mix/ GK switch work on your guitar

Started by Elantric, March 06, 2008, 01:42:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smash

So I am sending the mag pup signal down the 13pin cable and am using the guitar out to get the mag pup separately from the VG99 output.

What I want is that when I switch the GK mix control to guitar only I want the VG99 output muted and only the mag pup to sound.

I am expecting this because it's the opposite of the other end of the switch where GK only option definitely mutes the mag pup.

I've tried a different cable and different GK3 - is it me or some VG99 setting or is it not possible to have this option?

What should happen?  ???

Elantric

aprilbloom

Hi All
I have been using the VG 99 for many years now
But today i had this problem ,could someone please help me here...

The GK-3  3 way switch (on the guitar) used to do the following:

UP =   "Guitar" position  =  VG99  B Chain;typical Normal guitar from the Normal PUs,

DOWN =  "GK" (synth) Position is the VG99 A Chain, typical HEX COSM guitar from the GK hex PU,

Middle  =  both A & B Chains combined.

But now after i used a Boss ES 5 to midi control the VG...when i switch the GK3 WAY to B positon (Normal pickup) it automatically turns the patch level to 0.
And the COSM Guitar is still on.but cant hear it as the patch level is at zero...[/b][/u][/b]

Elantric

admin

Read VG-99 Workshop #2
VG-99 WORKSHOP 02: PICKUP SETTINGS
This booklet gives you the lowdown on using a divided pickup with the VG-99, including the Roland GK-3 and third-party piezo-type systems. Using your guitar's normal pickups is covered as well

https://www.roland.com/global/support/by_product/vg-99/support_documents/ce414af6-0004-495a-a006-391551ca1bb8/