VG-99- Patch Level Not saving

Started by glennfin, September 01, 2014, 09:24:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennfin

Ok, I swear before I posted this, I searched through the FAQ and also did a search on "saving patch level" but couldn't find an answer..

I adjust the patch level (I'm using the editor and the FC300) and do a WRITE to save the patch but when I come back to the patch after switching to another one, the patch level is back at the default 100 level....

I know I'm missing something simple... but just can't seem to figure it out....

???  ???

Brent Flash

You probably have PATCH LEVEL assigned to a foot controller or the control knob on the GK.

glennfin

Dang! you're good!...... yup, it was assigned to the GK control knob which isn't being used on my Carvin HF2S.

Saves now.... thanks so much!

Quote from: Brent Flash on September 01, 2014, 09:46:11 AM
You probably have PATCH LEVEL assigned to a foot controller or the control knob on the GK.

Brent Flash

Quote from: glennfin on September 01, 2014, 09:58:56 AM
Dang! you're good!...... yup, it was assigned to the GK control knob which isn't being used on my Carvin HF2S.

Saves now.... thanks so much!
Just a little more info, it was saving before, the ASSIGN was just overriding what you were saving. If you turn ASSIGN HOLD=OFF then it will recall as it was saved also.

Most like to have ASSIGN HOLD=ON because then if they are using FV on a pedal the volume will not jump when changing patches, the pedal position will hold to the next preset. But in some cases you want to know that when you recall a preset that things are set the way you saved it, in this case you would want to turn ASSIGN HOLD=OFF.

Hope this helps!

glennfin

Yes, I am using FV and I definitely want it to hold it's position when changing patches....
First live gig with the VG99 tomorrow night  8) we'll see how it goes..  :)

Quote from: Brent Flash on September 01, 2014, 07:43:09 PM
Just a little more info, it was saving before, the ASSIGN was just overriding what you were saving. If you turn ASSIGN HOLD=OFF then it will recall as it was saved also.

Most like to have ASSIGN HOLD=ON because then if they are using FV on a pedal the volume will not jump when changing patches, the pedal position will hold to the next preset. But in some cases you want to know that when you recall a preset that things are set the way you saved it, in this case you would want to turn ASSIGN HOLD=OFF.

Hope this helps!

Brent Flash

Quote from: glennfin on September 04, 2014, 12:52:58 PM
Yes, I am using FV and I definitely want it to hold it's position when changing patches....
First live gig with the VG99 tomorrow night  8) we'll see how it goes..  :)
Good luck with that gig, hope everything works like it is suppose to. I loved using the VG live and got more compliments than with any valve amp.