New member Iain (UK)

Started by iainaw, May 19, 2014, 10:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iainaw

Hi chaps,
wanted to drop note, and in advance really say thankyou for all the helpful info im bound to need these coming months on my adventures with my new VG-99 & FC 300... I bought the setup for a few reasons being in a regular gigging band (can you see where this may be going?) lugging round my Mesa Triaxis Rack and rectifier cab to our shows has taken its toll, and having expanded the set lists i was needing to get more inventive with my palette of sounds... This is how the 2 came together... At present im Approximating the sound i use most frequently with my mesa rig... But adding in the cool stuff on the '99..... The thought of not having to use my wolfgang and down tuner or sperzel d-d thingie... Then have that amazing moment when you forgot to go back to standard for the next song will be a thing of the past for sure!!!
anyway have just installed a gk 3 on my 50th anniversary strat with great results, and am having the internal fitted on my Wolfgang (my go to axe)... Am excited how much a new bit of kit inspires you to play for hours...
my history is mainly cover bands, but all songs done with a twist as you will here if you have listen to a few of our demos on our web www.hybrid.pm.... Right ... Again thanks cant wait to pick you brains!... Itll all be running through a brand new Yamaha DSX & DXR Pa, so should sound sweet.... Hope to be gig fit in a month... Fingers crossed
VG-99 & FC 300, GR-20, Mesa boogie Triaxis, TC Electronics G-Force, Malmsteen Strat, Peavey Wolgang (with internal GK-3), Jackson Dinky, 50th Anniversary Strat, And other stuff ... Too much stuff ask my wife!...

Brent Flash

Welcome to the group iainaw!  :)

iainaw

Thanks... Its gona be a good ride!!!... Forgot to mention I had a vg-8 when they first came out... And that amazing also...
cheers
VG-99 & FC 300, GR-20, Mesa boogie Triaxis, TC Electronics G-Force, Malmsteen Strat, Peavey Wolgang (with internal GK-3), Jackson Dinky, 50th Anniversary Strat, And other stuff ... Too much stuff ask my wife!...

Smash

Hello! That's what we need - a bit more UK on here, lol! I'm down in the south east. Congrats on purchase.

I'd get used to the PC editor as soon as you can as it's soooo much easier than using VG screen to edit. Also learn and understand the control assignments - however, powerful you think the VG now, it'll soon start to dawn on you just how much more powerful it is than the preset patches give any idea of.

Are you gonna run into full range or guitar cabs?

iainaw

Am going direct to desk and out into Yamaha a DXR 12 & DXS Sub each side... Then fold back for monitoring... So full range... Should sound amazingly pristine... As we di bass and our drummer is fully mic'd... So a good mix... Its all about getting patches going so i can leave the boogie rig hone with confidence....