Greetings from Spain

Started by spanglish, May 13, 2014, 06:54:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spanglish

Hi Everybody

Thanks for accepting me to the forum. A little about me... I have been playing for 30 odd years,  I was a session guitarist and songwriter for many years. I have played with Ian Dury, Tony Martin( Back where I belong) Leo Sayer, Cutting Crew and lots of other good lads. I took a LONG Break, did the family thing and am know getting back into my playing again. I recently bought a GR 55 which I love! It has opened up a whole side to my creativity. Once I have a bit more mastery of it I will be sharing patches and whatever else I can.

My old rig comprised of an ADA MP1 and an Alesis Quadraverb 2 with a 100w Yamaha power amp feeding two 10 inch Fane speakers. Nice and simple and very small. Larrivee RS4C electric guitars, Gordon Smith Galaxy for slide work and an Ibanez Desrtoyer 2 for showing off

If I can answer any questions on songwriting or whatever i will be happy to do so

Happy strumming

PAUL

mbenigni

Cool history.  I'm always humbled by the professional experience of some of the players here.  Welcome aboard!

Quotetwo 10 inch Fane speakers

That sounds like the "secret sauce" to me.

spanglish

Thanks, :) I used to a Marshall stack, but that is a lot of speakers to carry around. when its all set up it looks great but when you only one mic it makes you think a lot smaller. The Fanes are great, really powerful, plus the ADA rig is stereo

Love the website, there is lots of really useful advice

jassy

Have also my welcome from a Spanish guitarist, I can assure you that this is a great place to be and learn a lot of things.