VG-99 - Dream Theater - Pull Me Under

Started by Elantric, February 10, 2008, 05:53:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

Dream Theater - Pull Me Under

- Pull Me Under - CTRL1 for Gain Amp

By Andrew Turner.

Made using a GK-3 on an Ibanez with Ebony Fretboard, 10-46 strings, Line In on a Crate Powerblock Amp -> Marshall MG412 cab

http://vg99.webstandards101.org/vg-99.html
Wait for the full page to load - Locate a patch  or MP3 on the right you wish to download.
Hover your mouse arrow over the "Patch" icon, Right Click(Mac CTRL +Click) and choose "Save Link As" and it will download.

You must download to your hard drive first.

GeePeeAxe

Again a patch, which changes the system-settings!
Tnx Gosh, I have saved my system in a SMF, so I can reload it.
I guess everybody else has to readjust his/her system after using this file...

Elantric

Its true many patches here WILL change your system settings. We are still getting a handle on how best to save these patches.

If anyone has spare time feel free to re-upload "filtered" version of any patch you find here - We would all prefer to leave Our system settings intact!

A2theT

Quote from: GeePeeAxe on March 03, 2008, 01:50:21 PM
Again a patch, which changes the system-settings!
Tnx Gosh, I have saved my system in a SMF, so I can reload it.
I guess everybody else has to readjust his/her system after using this file...

YES THIS IS A MAJOR BUG THAT NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED!

Loading a g9e file also includes system settings and a lot of my patches are a freaking mess!  Even your LCD contrast can change patch by patch
I have to go through on the weekend and try and cleand them all up.
My best advice is to screenshot your system settings.  Load the patch then use the screen shot to put your system settings back and then save the patch again...

HEAVY on the METAL
Axe-Fx II, Roland VG-99 + FC-300, Roland GR-55, Digitech Jamman Stereo, Ibanez/ESP/Jackson Guitars

Elantric

Its times like these I'm glad we have a Forum to compare our frustrations I wonder how many VG-99 units have been sent in for repair because of "sticking Jog Wheels: - or Dim LCD's. But in fact were simply a result of a downloaded third party patch.

I wish we had a complete MIDI implementation spec, and a batch file conversion utility that could strip away System Setting Data from g9e files.

s0c9

Quote from: Andrew Turner on March 05, 2008, 08:04:20 AM
YES THIS IS A MAJOR BUG THAT NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED!

Loading a g9e file also includes system settings and a lot of my patches are a freaking mess!  Even your LCD contrast can change patch by patch
I have to go through on the weekend and try and cleand them all up.
My best advice is to screenshot your system settings.  Load the patch then use the screen shot to put your system settings back and then save the patch again...

Oh yeah !!!  This gives me warm fuzzies when wanting to try out patches...  :o

chipstar

Exactly, I've got a patch to post but I don't want the bad juju from destroying someone's presets. If I could be certain all was well, I'd be all over it.

later,
Chipstar

A2theT

Chipster, thats a BS response.  DON'T make excuses.  If you have patches then post them like I did.  If you're not smart enough to backup your System Settings via the tools you were given then its partly your own fault.

Or.... we could take your stance on it and just place an EMBARGO on posting ALL patches.....  ??? >:( :-X :'(
HEAVY on the METAL
Axe-Fx II, Roland VG-99 + FC-300, Roland GR-55, Digitech Jamman Stereo, Ibanez/ESP/Jackson Guitars

Elantric

Quote>Or.... we could take your stance on it and just place an EMBARGO on posting ALL patches..... 

Not a good idea. I encourage anyone who has a patch to continue posting  your new creations and sharing.

I used to think if a person had enough brains to google, locate this forum, Join, read the posts - then they would also have the common sense to back up their patches prior to trying out new ones downloaded here.

I learn something new every day.

A2theT

HEAVY on the METAL

s0c9

Still...
I think we should sticky this topic, or at least put something up so that:

1. Users know to back up their system settings BEFORE trying other patches
2. User will know "up front" that system settings are loaded with the .g9e Editor patches
3. They know how to restore their system settings if something "funky" happens

:)

s0c9

slayerofgodz

I tried listening to the clips on the page it took me to, but it seems to no longer be there or perhaps it is down right now.
Are the mp3's hosted anywhere else ?

I was interested in hearing most of the clips on that page.

slayerofgodz

Thanks
The patches work, just not the mp3's.
I do not own a VG-99 yet, I am researching the sounds and functions before I make a purchase.
So far I like what I have heard.

Elantric

seems some MP3s are just "null" files - PM Andrew Turner, We could host 5MB MP3 files here.

A2theT

Quote from: sustainiac on March 30, 2008, 07:35:17 AM
seems some MP3s are just "null" files - PM Andrew Turner, We could host 5MB MP3 files here.

The mp3s work fine for me, I just downloaded and played right from the forum with no problem.  However, after listening to the mp3 I realized my playing is terrible.   I will re-record...lol
HEAVY on the METAL

kope

slayerofgodz is right, I also didn't succeded to download the mp3s.

A2theT

nope. slayerofgodz is WRONG!

I don't know what all your problems are. 
I have downloaded them from home, work etc and used THREE different browsers. 
I.E, FIREFOX and Opera.

Did you at least try right-clicking the file link and choose "save as" and save it to your desktop?   I don't want to be condescending here but this is internet 101 stuff.....

ARE YOU GUYS EVEN LOGGED INTO THE FORUM?????????????????     >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
HEAVY on the METAL

Elantric

Andrew its your site here:
http://vg99.webstandards101.org/vg-99.html

Even after following instructions -

"Wait for the full page to load - Locate a patch  or MP3 on the right you wish to download.
Hover your mouse arrow over the "Patch" icon, Right Click(Mac CTRL +Click) and choose "Save Link As" and it will download."

The problem - Here at our end - the MP3 files have a filesize of "0k" after a download & wont play.

Perhaps its server  - exceeding bandwidth issue?

A2theT

OK So this explains the craziness.  I DO NOT MAINTAIN THAT OLD SITE.  (just checked into it and the host has wiped all the mp3s.  thats why u can't get them from there)
I only assumed the link to the MP3 you were downloading was on this site as everything from that old site was replicated here (to my knowledge.)

GUYS, Please use this link!   Hey the funny thing is Elantric, I think you were the one who ported it over  L0L  ;D :D

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=218.0;attach=219
HEAVY on the METAL

Elantric

We still list your old site all over this forum - so many still go there to explore.

I only ported over the patches - only a few MP3s - its your MP3's that are popular -
It would be nice if you could  upload those MP3 files over here - now that we have a 5MB limit on upload filesize.

A2theT

OK well you can download all my patches and MP3's here   http://www.box.net/shared/o24pp2vggo

HEAVY on the METAL

kope

Elantric

Patches are located as attached files in the first post in each patch thread.

READ FIRST - VG-99 Patch Submission Format+How to SAVE and LOAD PATCHES!

www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=64.0

VG-99 FAQ: TOP THINGS TO KNOW
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=13.0