Glad to be here!

Started by Explorer, April 23, 2015, 12:51:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Explorer

Hey, folks!

Long-time guitar player here, and I've used some of he Roland guitar synths... but when I went to more than six strings, I made do with non-GK guitar monophonic effects. I own more guitar/bass synth pedals than most would consider healthy.

Among those "synth" pedals is the Boss GT-10. I never found the pitch-to-MIDI thing to work as fast as I liked, so I didn't find much reason to upgrade to the GT-100.

The one dedicated guitar synth system I own is the Yamaha G10. Rather than doing the pitch detection after the fact on a plucked string, it uses the Beetle Quantar idea, with ultrasonics constantly detecting where a string is fretted, and then triggering the MIDI note upon detecting a pluck. It's a little funky until you get used to all the strings on the controller being tuned to the same high pitch, but it's extremely fast and accurate, raising my expectations tremendously.

I'm interested in seeing what the new Boss SY-300 is capable of, and found this forum while trying to see if there was more than the current skimpy information available.

Glad to be here!

Elantric