Hello From Dublin Ireland

Started by Thecass, April 13, 2015, 11:13:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thecass

Hi Guys,

I'm a 50 year old guitar player and I've always wanted a guitar synth.
My problem is I'm a 50 year old guitar player so I'm struggling with this very new technology.

I've joined this forum as I bought A Gr-55 and I'm currently looking into a bush as far as setting it up goes.

I'm hoping form here that I can set up my GR-55

Nothing fancy, just want it to be gig ready.
I'd love to be able to hit channel 1 and have a distortion/rock sound for chords.
Then hit 2 and have a solo sound. Then a clean sound, then acoustic then brass, strings etc.
I'm told that this is easy to do but so far I've not been able to do that.

I'm hoping you guys can get me started with this task.

Many thanks in advance.

Cass

papabuss

Welcome to the forum, Cass! :)

Do you mean the  CTRL pedal instead of CHANNEL?
But I think you want to reorganize your sounds in the USER area by using Pedals 1, 2 and 3.
FENDER STRATOCASTER (1974); BRIAN MAY RED SPECIAL; VG 99; GR 55; Yamaha DX 7

Music was my first love and it will be my last (JOHN MILES)

Elantric

CodeSmart

It's the hours put into it that counts. And yes it's a threshold to cross.
Be patient and open minded. Age is not a issue (unless you can't find the glasses)  ;)
But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!

Thecass

Thanks Guys. I should have mentioned that in using The Fender GC1 Strat which controls the GR-55 so I'm looking to have the first few patches loaded so I can use my guitar to pick the most used sounds.

Many thanks and sorry for being a bit stupid.
As you can guess I'm knew to forums.
I've been waiting for some replies and didn't know I had to go in and look. Doh!

Vade

Welcome and don't worry about a thing. We've all been there as far as having to learn everything from scratch. You'll find info on switching patches in your GR-55 manual and it goes without saying that studying that is job number one. The forum has a great search tool in the upper right of every page. You can search for results from within a thread by starting your search while in that thread or you can search the entire forum by going to the main "home" page and starting your search there. Here's an example where I searched for "GR-55 setup."

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?action=search2

There's an area of the forum dedicated to the GR-55 as you probably know and one entry there that may be of use to you is found here.

GR-55 - Gumtown's GR-55 FloorBoard Editor

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=2951.0

Best of luck to you!
Drachen; Fender FTP Strat w/internal GK-3, Godin xtSA w/FTP, Boss GP-10, VoiceLive 3, Scarlett 18i8, ZBox IQ01, On-Lap 1502i, D:fine 4088, 4E Dual Axis Exp Pedal, VoiceSolo FX-150, Yamaha DXR 10, Gem. M2 Flute, Special 20 Harmonicas. Fender Deluxe Reverb Mahogany Cane.

https://soundcloud.com/vadie

Elantric