How can I step through patches one by one with an FC300

Started by lesxm, September 14, 2014, 12:05:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lesxm

Hi everyone, I'm new to the VG-99, but plan to use one in a theatre pit band using different patches ordered sequentially as they appear in the show using VG Librarian. How can I achieve this using FC300, in the same way as the VG-99 control knob does, with only Up or Down switches, i.e. not changing banks.

Thanks for any help.

musicman65

You can't, unless someone else knows a trick. You can step through 5 then bank up. That's how it's designed. You can bank up without it changing to get ready for the next patch change.

lesxm

clearlight

im not sure but you may be able to use pedal assign for that. not sure but look into it
My Music
My Band Website
GUITARS: 2x RG1521, 3x RG321 w/gk, Rg721 Fretless Modified, AmStd FatStrat w/gk, various others....
XV5050,Triton etc..
KOMPLETE 7
VGUITAR Stuff: VG99, FC300, RC5-

pasha811

Just yesterday I was able to assign up/down patch do CTRL3 CTRL4 pedals from the global assignments page in VG99. I have a sort of FP-6 that did the trick attached directly to VG99.
I have no FC300 but I hope that this can be done through a FC300 as well. In the rear of FC300 there are plugs for CTRL 3/4, 5/6, 7/8.
So I assume that the CTRL 3/4 should mimic the CTRL 3/4 on the rear of the VG99.. But assuming what Roland Engineers had in mind might turn to headache sometimes..  ;D

Good Luck,
Best
Pasha
Listen to my music at :  http://alonetone.com/pasha/

Brak(E)man

you can also assign the GK switches,
as well as CTRL3 CTRL4 pedals (using 2 FS-5U switches straight into VG )
swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch