TriplePlay with fretless

Started by Brak(E)man, September 29, 2014, 05:06:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brak(E)man

Hey
has anyone tried the TriplePlay with fretless guitar ??
swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

shawnb

I don't.  But I can say that a slide is very fun; whammy, too.  That boxes well for tracking up & down the neck smoothly.
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Brak(E)man

Quote from: shawnb on September 29, 2014, 09:14:50 PM
I don't.  But I can say that a slide is very fun; whammy, too.  That boxes well for tracking up & down the neck smoothly.

OK
if slide works then fretless should work just as well ( hopefully )
does it have a bend range of +-24 ?? or just 12 ??

- Lydia Lunch

shawnb

The PBR (pitch bend range) is adjustable on the FTP from 1-24.   

I always leave mine at 24.  If you leave it at 12, and your slide goes too far it just drops off.  24 is closest to just letting me use it exactly like a guitar...   
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Brak(E)man

Quote from: shawnb on September 30, 2014, 09:47:34 AM
The PBR (pitch bend range) is adjustable on the FTP from 1-24.   

I always leave mine at 24.  If you leave it at 12, and your slide goes too far it just drops off.  24 is closest to just letting me use it exactly like a guitar...
thanx good news :)

- Lydia Lunch

melodymann

Hi,
Sorry for the late response, I have been using tripleplay with my fretless since it came out and it works very well! There are always issues with fretless guitars as you probably know the most obvious being lack of sustain, so I use wound strings up to the B(.018), if I need more clarity or sustain out of the high E string I use the edge of my nail like a Sarod player. Even still there seems to be a lack of output, I have to crank all the Sensitivities in the GUI. As far as I can tell there's no way to remember these settings on a per patch basis so it has to be manually done each time. Hopefully the photo shows up as an attachment ,I am using my iPad to send this and I don't see it in the response... The guitar was built in 1967 by my dad and has been heavily modified since, both bridges have RMC saddles which are routed to a 12 way switch and then one preamp so I can select necks to the 13 pan cable which is connected to a GR 55. There is also an old sustainiac system which right now is not working (for the fretless.) hope this helps.
Regards Terry

Brak(E)man

Quote from: melodymann on October 07, 2014, 09:35:34 AM
Hi,
Sorry for the late response, I have been using tripleplay with my fretless since it came out and it works very well! There are always issues with fretless guitars as you probably know the most obvious being lack of sustain, so I use wound strings up to the B(.018), if I need more clarity or sustain out of the high E string I use the edge of my nail like a Sarod player. Even still there seems to be a lack of output, I have to crank all the Sensitivities in the GUI. As far as I can tell there's no way to remember these settings on a per patch basis so it has to be manually done each time. Hopefully the photo shows up as an attachment ,I am using my iPad to send this and I don't see it in the response... The guitar was built in 1967 by my dad and has been heavily modified since, both bridges have RMC saddles which are routed to a 12 way switch and then one preamp so I can select necks to the 13 pan cable which is connected to a GR 55. There is also an old sustainiac system which right now is not working (for the fretless.) hope this helps.
Regards Terry

thanx
i don't have the sustain issue but i've gone a different way than you
i use very light halfrounds 008-038 , no nailstop and it works just fine,
great to hear that the tripleplay worx with fretless.

- Lydia Lunch

melodymann

Originally I went that route is well, just couldn't get much sustain out of the unwound strings... Your guitar is probably better than mine. Vigier perhaps?

Terry

Brak(E)man

no I have several but my main axe is a doubleneck

and I've tried all strings
http://unfretted.com/loader.php?LINK=strings

- Lydia Lunch