D beam permanently on.

Started by stratblue, October 17, 2016, 02:52:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stratblue

Hi All.

The D beam blue lights are permanently on now, as if my hand is permanently close to the unit and the virtual trem bar is totally depressed. I can turn the D beam lights off in the software and with the button on the unit but I have no functionality any more.

Any solutions chaps?

Thanks. Nick.

Headless68

Have you tried the Dbeam calibration in the system settings?

stratblue

Quote from: Headless68 on October 17, 2016, 04:01:05 AM
Have you tried the Dbeam calibration in the system settings?

Just tried it, the manual doesn't seem to explain it but I waved my hand about over the lights, pressed the min and max buttons and turned the f1 and f4 buttons. I got an 'out of range. Set again' dialogue box pop up quite often and sometimes the range bar is solid sometimes it's empty and I did get a small degree of functionality return for a few seconds. On a possibly related note, I've been seeing random knob adjustment boxes pop up even when I'm not doing anything, I'm currently seeing 'A/B balance' pop up on the screen every few seconds and the ratio changes by itself. Just done a factory reset , now I'm back in the calibration section it says 'missing the target!'.

Headless68

I had a recent issue although not affecting dbeam it was randomly changing parameters on screen like AB balance, cosm A gain etc - then it would freeze
A firmware reinstall (available on roland's web site ) fixed this on mine