Does the VG Stay In Tune When You're Guitar Goes Out?

Started by Virtual Tone, February 09, 2008, 05:49:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Virtual Tone

I was wondering if the VG-99 stays in tune when your guitar goes out.  ???

I'm not talk about like a 1/2 step flat, just like if you're general tuning is a bit off here or there. 

Will it effect the tuning of the VG-99, even it's it's very slight?

Thanks,
V.T.  8)

baranger1

It does not do auto tune.
That would be GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill

Virtual Tone

So... even if you're G strings goes slightly flat the VG-99 will follow it to a T eh?

Perhaps slapping a GK-3 on one of the new Robot Guitar's would sufice!  ;D

Elantric

Ironically the 1996 Roland VG-8 didhave an autotune function - which really helps in a pinch at gigs

Today there is Antares ATG (Autotune for Guitar)

Virtual Tone

Quote from: sustainiac on February 09, 2008, 06:43:20 PM
Ironically the 12 year old VG-8 had an autotune function - which really helps in a pinch at gigs

WOW!  Maybe that could be added in the next upgrade!!  :D

Elantric

its already on the list we submitted to Roland at NAMM in January 2008

But nothing came out of it.

Virtual Tone

vanceg

Quote from: Virtual Tone on February 10, 2008, 11:45:02 PM
Thanks!  8)

And....it was indicated that it is unlikely that the VG-99 would get this feature....Honestly, it seems like a no brainer to me - we KNOW the unit has all the smarts necessary to make this work.

Vance

RoC1909

That would be pretty crazy if from what you guys said that the unit is capable of auto-tune and Roland doesn't add it to a future patch. Uh....that would suck :)

RoC

admin

QuoteThat would be pretty crazy if from what you guys said that the unit is capable of auto-tune and Roland doesn't add it to a future patch. Uh....that would suck :)

RoC

Roland has a track record of releasing new products which are simply "dumbed down with only 40% of the features of the older model" .