VG-99 - Vista, CakeWalk and the VG-99?

Started by op111, May 31, 2008, 07:36:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

op111

Is anyone out there using CakeWalk on Vista?

I just installed CakeWalk on my Vista laptop, and am dissapointed with the performance of the VG-99's audio.   The recorded audio is all choppy, so I suspected a buffering or latency problem.  But increasing the number of buffers and latency doesn't help.  Has anyone experienced this?

My laptop is a Lenovo T61 with dual 2Ghz processor, and 4G of memory, so I don't believe it is inadequate.  Hopefully, it is just a question of tweaking the driver parameters.

Thanks
Peter

GeePeeAxe

I´ve read that today Cakewalk doesn´t work good under Vista.
The problem is probably the audio 64-bit driver of MS-Vista.
Check out some Cakewalk forum to see what´s the solution.
I will continue to work with XP for the next few years, until
it is sure that everything that´s new "really works".

Good luck!

op111

Does anyone know if the Vista driver that comes with the VG-99 is different from the one posted here?

I haven't upgraded since it "seemed to work"... until now.

op111

Going to reply to my own questions...

First, the Vista driver posted here is identical to the one that ships with the VG-99.

Second, the ASIO drivers seem to work.  I maxed the buffer size, and so far, all seems good.

Elantric

Just dont try Vista 64 - there are no drivers yet

philflood

Make sure your wireless is turned off when recording.

Kevin M

Although I primarily use a MOTU interface,  Cakewalk Sonar (at least v 5.0x), Vista 32-bit, and the VG-99 are all quite happy together on my HP desktop system.

blackhole_joals

does anyone had the cakewalk software? i coudnt find one.. i just want to explore cakewalk.. thanks.. my e mail is deadshallrie666@yahoo.com..

Kevin M

Quote from: blackhole_joals on December 16, 2008, 04:50:53 AM
does anyone had the cakewalk software? i coudnt find one.. i just want to explore cakewalk.. thanks.. my e mail is deadshallrie666@yahoo.com..

http://www.cakewalk.com.  I don't think they have a try-before-you-buy copy, though.

s0c9

As sustainic stated.. there are no 64-bit drivers yet...  I have XP64.. same issue,

My Solution...
Get Sun's xVM... install 32-bit WinXP on it.
Install VG99 USB drivers, advanced mode.
Install Reaper.

Record away...

Half_stack

Check out trial versions of Sonar Producer (32 & 64 bit) downloads.

http://www.digifreq.com/digifreq/download.asp?ID=116

jassy

Quote from: op111 on June 03, 2008, 05:36:51 AM
Going to reply to my own questions...

First, the Vista driver posted here is identical to the one that ships with the VG-99.

Second, the ASIO drivers seem to work.  I maxed the buffer size, and so far, all seems good.

I haved started another thread about my problems with vista and the VG99, but reading your post I would like to ask you how performs the asio driver to you:

have you tried with the smaller latencies (very important to play live)? how it behaves?

What cpu hit do you get with this driver (please specify at what latency)?

there is the thread I started about a similar problem:
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,1862.msg10435.html#new

washburn100

I use Sonar PE7. One thing I ran into when trying to use the VG-99 was that the VG-99 only has 44.1kHz and I had Sonar set at 96Khz. As soon as I set it to 44.1khz, all the pops went away and the recoring is pristine