Sara Smile - live rehearsal desk feed

Started by Smash, March 26, 2017, 04:50:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smash

Straight off a Behringer 1204fx desk into a Zoom portable recorder. Lightly mastered through T-Racks. This is how it went down.

Ruben Caruana -Acoustic guitar
Ray Caruana - Vocals
Scott Akister - VGuitar and synth

I was running GK equiped VAX 700 into VG99 providing bass on low E&A and flanged pedal steel. MIDI out to Roland Sound Canvas using 2 Stereo Strings tones an octave apart,

The solo meant catching a chord using freeze on VG99 bass and hold on MIDI synth and then soloing over - it's a busy track anyway in terms of changes and quite a tap dance on this track!

As you can hear - it didn't always quite catch the VG bass right but hey, such is life.

Which brings me to the hardest part and why I'm posting this in the first place - Ruben died quite suddenly on March 19.

We're all struggling to come to terms with it.

RIP Rube - miss you buddy

https://soundcloud.com/smashmashups/sara-smile-21-april-2016-live-feed/s-ysuEO

chrish

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.

A friend of mine and guitar player in our former band almost died in an avalanche this year (he is a heli-ski guide).

Our drummer wants to get our band going again and i agree. A band of friends sending out waves of peace.

Kind of a reality check on how short and fragile life can be and the importance of friends in our lives. 

whippinpost91850

Great sounding tune. Really sorry for the loss of your friend

mooncaine

Really sorry to hear about your friend. It ain't fair.

All we got is all we got.

Majiken

My condolences to you on your loss, Smash. May the good memories help alleviate the sorrow somewhat....
Take what you need, put back a bit more, leave the place behind you better than it was before :-)

www.majiken.rocks

roachone

Really sorry to hear about your buddy. I know how tough that can be.