GP -10 New CD "Exit Wonderland" by GuitCussion

Started by Brak(E)man, May 28, 2016, 02:55:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brak(E)man

GuitCussion´s new CD "Exit Wonderland" by GuitCussion

https://brakophonic.bandcamp.com/album/exit-wonderland

swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

Brak(E)man

A nice review

http://orkesterjournalen.com/wordpress/?p=12843

almost a correct google translation

QuoteMusic that explores new universe. Musicians who experiment with sounds, electronics and collective interaction. Musicians who continue to test to fail and then continue to explore and then develop to the collective interactions take everything one step further. For what can one go when one is in a chaotic state musically? Too many times becomes a state of stress without an inner calm of the musicians and it often results in that maxes man crap out of anything and then lands a bit mediocre. The feeling afterwards is often predictable and flat. Or so it takes everything a step further as GuitCussion and additionally creates an interesting album bursting with thoughtfulness, presence and experimentation!

GuitCussion is back with disc Exit Wonderland. The music moves from fusion to Freeform, Freeform from the noise, the noise of some sort of grand and thoughts can include fusion legend Allan Holdsworth and his space-like sounds and beautiful melodies.Back to the chaotic musical permits and to take everything one step further. GuitCussion are masters at this. The twists and turns of the collective chaos and will not let it be a stress factor that must are completed, but it is just a state they utilize and experiment with different ways. In some stages, it is used as an accompaniment instrument, sometimes it sounds like a polyphonic composition, and sometimes as a background to the melodic guitar melodies.Exit Wonderland is an exciting album with much presence that explores new unexplored planets out there in the universe!

- Lydia Lunch

Brak(E)man

https://neuguitars.com/2018/10/12/review-of-exit-wonderland-by-guitcussion-brakophonic-records-2016-on-neuguitars-blog/

Quote#Review of Exit Wonderland by GuitCussion, Brakophonic Records, 2016 on #neuguitars #blog
Posted by ANDREA AGUZZI on 12 OCTOBER 2018

Review of Exit Wonderland by GuitCussion, Brakophonic Records, 2016
https://brakophonic.bandcamp.com/album/exit-wonderland
Henrik Wartel – Drums //
Stefan Thorpenberg – Electric Guitars //
Per Anders Skytt – Drums //
Gunnar Backman – Fretless and Fretted 25 string Virtual Guitar, Live Loops
GuitCussions are back with a new record, a sort of continuation and at the same time of evolution with respect to their previous Blue Congo, released in 2014. The sensation, comparing the two records, is that of a greater order and less dispersivity. Of a more organized chaos. But not less charged and energetic music.The four musicians maintain the free form setting and the logic of free improvisation, instant composition that already delineated the structures of their first album, but here I feel more interplay and more defined environmental patterns.
They play a kind of jazz fusion in acid. I love that sound loaded, distorted and launched towards the sky that comes out of their guitars. I feel that in this Exit Wonderland have been more careful in modulating layers and layers of both guitars and percussion, focusing on an epic sound that is starting to become their trademark that alternates moments of crazy energy with moments of stillness and meditation, where guitars generate waves of sounds. I hope they continue. Their evolution seems really interesting.

- Lydia Lunch