TriplePlay software and Sampletank 3

Started by alfstone, November 29, 2014, 01:14:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfstone

Hi there,

is there a way to open SampleTank 3 "from inside" the TriplePlay software? I've tried both opening the sw in 32 and 64 bit mode: nothing.

If I try to re-scan, sometimes I obtain the phrase "Sampletank vst looks like a Vst instrument, but it can't be loaded", or something like that, some other times it seems to load it, but if I try to open it I obtain a black screen. I've tried to re-install the FTP software too...nothing.

I add that using Sampletank 3 standalone with the FTP as MIDI controller, there's no problem at all, everything goes fine.

Alfredo

Elantric

The TriplePlay Bundle came with an earlier version of SampleTank

Best to contact Fishman Support

http://www.fishman.com/contact

shawnb

ST3 works fine within the FTP app.   

ST3 is strictly 64-bit, so you must ensure you are running the 64-bit FTP app. 

I recall there are issues with certain earlier versions of ST3:
http://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=8848&p=48167&hilit=fishman#p48167

So make sure you have current versions of ST3 & FTP. 
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

PB+J

I can't get SampleTank to work at all. I've contacted IK but no reply yet. Within TriplePLay sampletank shows up in red and will not load. The standalone SampleTank does not produce any sound.

I never wanted SampleTank: it took forever to download and now it doesn't work. I'm thinking of just uninstalling the damn thing, but I suppose I ought to to find out if it's any good. I have the latest versions, I've tried reinstalling, I've resrt the directory oath to the sounds.

shawnb

Usually the red means that you're in the wrong client.  You need to use the 64-bit client to run ST3, the 32-bit client to run ST2.5.
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

PB+J

Quote from: shawnb on January 05, 2015, 07:50:51 AM
Usually the red means that you're in the wrong client.  You need to use the 64-bit client to run ST3, the 32-bit client to run ST2.5.

Thank you for the reply. I am running the 64 bit client, it was the first thing I checked

shawnb

The freebie version with FTP is 2.5 (unless something changed?).   You'd need to run the 32-bit client.   

Can you get ST to run in standalone?  That helps you confirm your install & takes the FTP software out of the equation.   

You do need to re-run the FTP install *after* you've installed ST, so it can detect the ST install & properly install the factory patches.  It will only install the FTP presets this time around. 

PB+J

Yes it's 2.5--my mistake for posting this in the wrong place--sorry.

If SampleTank2.5 needs to run in 32 bit then it's useless to me as I'm using Logic X, which is 64 bit only

But I can't get the standalone to work at all--no sounds

shawnb

PB+J -

You're going to have to provide more information.  'No sounds' is as broad as it gets! 

Have you configured your audio & midi devices?
   Does the ST standalone app "see" and let you choose your audio & midi devices?   
   Do you have an ASIO driver for your audio card?
When you open the app, do you see instruments to select & play?
Can you play sounds using the keyboard at the bottom of the ST UI?

FYI #1: IK support is excellent.   If you open a ticket they pretty much always respond & are willing to help you get the product working on your system.   

FYI #2: There is a free version of ST3, you can find it here:
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/sampletank3free/index.php?pp=sampletank-3-free-versions

Shawn

Spider

ST3 doesn't work under FTP on OS X. It show black screen...

PB+J

So the Fishman triplay I bought came with a download link for SampleTank 2.5 XL. I dowloaded it and followed all directions exactly to install and authorize it. I installed it BEFORE the tripleplay software.

TriplePLay is opening in 64 bit. it scans for VST and sees the Sampletank vst but cant' load it

The standalone Sample tank opens, and shows that it is aware of the directory path for sounds, but it does not recognize the tripleplay, nor does it play any sounds when you press any of the virtual keys on the bottom edge of the gui.

PB+J

I just dumped it. The gui was too small and cramped to comfortably use, and it was clearly more trouble than it was worth. Thanks anyway!

Elantric

The current Tripleplay has a download link for "IK Multimedia SampleTank 2.5 XT" ( the free version)

Ive only used "Sampletank 2.5 XT" in 32 bit mode within the FTP Control app on an iMac running OSX 10.8.

Suggest read

http://tripletalk.fishman.com/

http://www.fishman.com/software/tripleplay/download/tripleplay_swguide_mac.pdf

http://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=9543

Bulk of the time I just use FTP into an iPad Air
http://tripletalk.fishman.com/2014/07/using-tripleplay-with-ios-devices/

Spider

Open FTP in 32-bit mode, rescan for plugins. Use it.

HCarlH

Quote from: shawnb on November 30, 2014, 09:39:37 AM
ST3 works fine within the FTP app.  

ST3 is strictly 64-bit, so you must ensure you are running the 64-bit FTP app. 

(I'm resurrecting this thread because of the claim above)

I did a clean install of Yosemite and am running the 64 bit of the latest FTP software as well as latest 3.6.5 of ST3
I still get a blank screen with ST3.

Are you sure you're not referring to the old, ST 2.5 app?

GR-55 (or) Fishman TP + Kemper Profiling Rack -->> 
QSC K10 -->> FOH
Fender Squier Stratocaster Bullet (w/GK3), Ibanez AM93 (w/FTP pickup),  Stratocaster (w/FTP pickup)

Telecaster, Charvel SoCal ProMod, Gibson Les Paul, PV Wolfgang,

Elantric

Quote(I'm resurrecting this thread because of the claim above)

I did a clean install of Yosemite and am running the 64 bit of the latest FTP software as well as latest 3.6.5 of ST3
I still get a blank screen with ST3.

Are you sure you're not referring to the old, ST 2.5 app?

FWIW - ShawnB is running Windows - and thats a very different situation than your Mac with OSX

Might read this

http://www.sweetwater.com/insync/how-to-use-the-fishman-tripleplay-in-64-bit-mode/
How to Use the Fishman TriplePlay in 64-bit Mode

Q: I installed my Fishman TriplePlay, but when the software scans my plug-ins, it only looks for 32-bit plug-ins. I use 64-bit. Is there a way to make it see 64-bit plug-ins?

A: TriplePlay has both 32-bit and 64-bit modes. On Windows, there are two versions (one for each mode).
On Mac, right-click on the app and choose Get Info (or hit command+I).
When the information window opens, uncheck the box labeled "Open in 32 Bit Mode."

http://www.fishman.com/support/tripleplay/tripleplaysupportmaterials.php

HCarlH

Quote from: Elantric on April 20, 2016, 10:35:40 PM
FWIW - ShawnB is running Windows - and thats a very different situation than your Mac with OSX

Thank you, Elantric.  Ugh!  I knew it was too good to be true.

Quote from: Elantric on April 20, 2016, 10:35:40 PM

Might read this

Q: I installed my Fishman TriplePlay, but when the software scans my plug-ins, it only looks for 32-bit plug-ins. I use 64-bit. Is there a way to make it see 64-bit plug-ins?

A: TriplePlay has both 32-bit and 64-bit modes. On Windows, there are two versions (one for each mode).
On Mac, right-click on the app and choose Get Info (or hit command+I).
When the information window opens, uncheck the box labeled "Open in 32 Bit Mode."

Yes, I've followed those instructions as well. I've opened a Support Ticket to IK Multimedia to see what they have to say.
I wouldn't mind the old version of Sampletank 2.5 so much if the GUI wasn't so small. Their decision to use a horrible orange color also makes it even more difficult to view.

I may try to use a 64 to 32 bit bridge and see if that works:
https://jstuff.wordpress.com/jbridgem/
QSC K10 -->> FOH
Fender Squier Stratocaster Bullet (w/GK3), Ibanez AM93 (w/FTP pickup),  Stratocaster (w/FTP pickup)

HCarlH

A few minutes ago I received a response from IK Multimedia's U.S. tech support department....and this is pretty much what I expected so don't hold your breath.
(As of 4/22/16)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hello,

Thanks for your email.

At this time, there are some known issues with SampleTank 3 and the Fish Man Triple Play software. While our development team is currently working on this issue with Fish Man's team. We do not have any information on this topic at this time.

Be sure to keep an eye out on your User Area -> My Products (Link below) for future SampleTank 3 updates."
QSC K10 -->> FOH

shawnb

There is always a way to get this stuff to work...

Are you trying to host ST3 within the FTP standalone app?   Or are you trying to use these tools within a DAW?

If you're trying to do this within a DAW, use the two-track method.

If you're trying to run ST3 within FTP standalone, until the bug is fixed, I'd suggest running ST3 standalone, without the FTP app.   Run the FTP in either Basic mode or Hardware mode.

Another thing to experiment with is to simply try to run both FTP & ST3 running standalone at the same time.

Hope this helps...

HCarlH

Quote from: shawnb on April 22, 2016, 10:17:28 AM
Another thing to experiment with is to simply try to run both FTP & ST3 running standalone at the same time.

Hope this helps...

Hi, Shawn. Thanks.   :)
QSC K10 -->> FOH

braccio

I emailed IKMultimedia about the issue VST issue with SampleTank 3 in Fishman's Mac software as soon as SampleTank 3 was released (and several times since). I got the "they're working on it" email.

What finally got it to work for me was the new Beta TriplePlay software for the foot controller AND making copies of both the 64bit SampleTank3 and 32bit SampleTank2 VST files with JBridgeM https://jstuff.wordpress.com/jbridgem/. You then have to remove the real VST files from your /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST, open TriplePlay and scan for VSTs, once that is finished move the real VST files back in place.

Simple, no?

Pete

colan

Judging by the number of views of this thread-  over 2600 to date-   I guess that all is not really very well between TriplePlay and SampleTank 3.   I'm reading it myself because I know that somebody will be popping SampleTank Max into my Christmas stocking sometime during the night and now I'm worried that it won't work with TP. 1.4
Can anybody assure me that I'm worrying needlessly ?

Happy Christmas and a creative new year.

HCarlH

Quote from: colan on December 24, 2017, 12:48:57 PM
Judging by the number of views of this thread-  over 2600 to date-   I guess that all is not really very well between TriplePlay and SampleTank 3.   I'm reading it myself because I know that somebody will be popping SampleTank Max into my Christmas stocking sometime during the night and now I'm worried that it won't work with TP. 1.4
Can anybody assure me that I'm worrying needlessly ?

Happy Christmas and a creative new year.

The latest TP software works with Sampletank 3 on Mac and Windows. Make sure you update everything and follow installation instructions EXACTLY as given to you. (Install all sounds first before installing the TP software).
QSC K10 -->> FOH

colan

I've had TP installed and working for a while now.   Should I uninstall it before installing Sampletank Max and then install it again  ?   
I wish these developers would get their heads together.  I'm talking about TP 1.4 and Sampletank Max here-  not the old TP with the free Sampletank 2.

HCarlH

Try installing ST update first. If it doesn't work, then uninstall TP and reinstall. (Backup your patches if you've made any) Just be sure to first refresh the sounds in ST3 and then *rescan your plugins in the TP software*.
QSC K10 -->> FOH