Overstock.com will not qualify for Roland rebates

Started by significantimagery, June 11, 2012, 04:39:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

significantimagery

UPDATE: Just received a phone call from Overstock and they were very nice and are currently working with me on making up for this mistake for which I am equally surprised and grateful for. I am a bit harsh in my initial post below due to my annoyance at the situation...but always remember one employee's actions might not represent the qualities of an entire company. I can't even for sure confirm that "overstockcustomercare1" is an employee of Overstock.com since technically, anyone could have registered on the site with that user name and posted that. Seems very unlikely, but I guess you never know with people....regardless they are trying to make it right and I appreciate that.

Hello, this unfortunately is my first post  :(

Just wanted to warn everyone about this!

I purchased a GR-55 from Overstock.com for a reasonable price after confirming that they were an authorized dealer so that I would qualify for the $100 rebate from Roland.

Well, even after making sure to verify that before purchasing, carefully making sure I did everything else right for the rebate, and carefully paying a bit extra to mail it in a solid priority mail envelope, Roland promptly notified me via email that Overstock.com is NOT an authorized dealer, even though Overstock.com had no problem making that claim.

Check out their fraud on this product Q&A tab on this page (same as attached screenshot):
http://www.overstock.com/Electronics/Roland-GR-55-Guitar-Synthesizer-with-GK-3-Pickup/5770786/product.html

Q - Can you please confirm if you are an authorized Roland dealer. This product has a factory rebate and I need to know if purchasing thru Overstock, I will qualify for the rebate??
A - We are considered an authorized dealer.

Overstock.com says "We are considered an authorized dealer" -um....not by Roland, and that's obviously why people are asking them!

They are well aware of this fact but they are continuing to intentionally be fraudulent by giving misleading responses and not updating their responses to be truthfully answer the questions asked by their customers.

Just look at their second response to someone asking essentially the same question. Look how they tried to sidestep that question by providing a different answer instead of just being honest!

Q - Hi, Is overstock.com an authorized Roland USA dealer?
A - We do sell authentic Roland items on our site, yes.

I'm requesting a full refund from them and for them to pay the return shipping. I've also requested that they update their site with more honest answers. (we'll see)

I'll update this thread with their response.

significantimagery

Final update  :)

Overstock.com has actually paid for the $100 rebate out of their own pocket!

I can't say enough how awesome this is, because it was their offer and I did not press them at all to do that for me! All I did was request to return the unit for a full refund. Really great customer service from them and I wouldn't hesitate to make other purchases from them in the future because of how well they handled this situation.

gumtown

Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/