VG-99 - overdrive sound and combine it with a FC300 wah-pedal?

Started by joske1967, January 25, 2012, 01:13:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joske1967

Hi all,

Can someone help me out here?

I am trying to create an overdrive sound and combine it with a wah-pedal.
I am using the FC-300 floorboard.

So, what I would like is a crunchy overdrive sound and then when I step on the expression pedal 2 it needs to activate the wah-effect.

I tried so many things but I sounds like sh*t...

Please someone help me out with a useful patch?

Thanks in advance from the Netherlands!

Jos

Brent Flash

Welcome to the group joske1967!  :)

Sorry I had to move your first post but the area you posted in is reserved for post with patches attached to them.

This patch has wah, just press the toe switch on EXP 1 to turn it on and the EXP 1 movement will do it. https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=1530.0

joske1967

Hey Brent,

Thanks for the patch. But when I step on the exp1 nothing happens. Could there be something wrong with my settings?

greetings,

Jos

Brent Flash

Make sure you activate the toe switch (the red light will come on) just like you would on a normal Wah pedal to turn it on. If the red light is on and it still does not work let me know, if that is the case I will have to investigate further.

joske1967

Quote from: Brent Flash on January 26, 2012, 08:20:53 AM
Make sure you activate the toe switch (the red light will come on) just like you would on a normal Wah pedal to turn it on. If the red light is on and it still does not work let me know, if that is the case I will have to investigate further.

Hi Brent,

Well, the problem is that the red led isn't coming on. For your information, I have the FC-300 floorboard.
I bought it a while ago and since then I connect it to the VG-99. I never programmed the floorboard what so ever.

Jos

Brent Flash

Just press EXP 1 all the way toe down and then press it a little farther. That should turn it on. If it does not let me know.

joske1967

Quote from: Brent Flash on January 26, 2012, 10:21:43 AM
Just press EXP 1 all the way toe down and then press it a little farther. That should turn it on. If it does not let me know.

Hello Brent,

Yes, I know how to activate the EXP1 switch but it doesn't turn the led on. I guess it must be something else...  :-\

Jos

Brent Flash

Quote from: joske1967 on January 26, 2012, 03:12:18 PM
Hello Brent,

Yes, I know how to activate the EXP1 switch but it doesn't turn the led on. I guess it must be something else...  :-\

Jos
Just checking, EXP 1 is the one on the left. That one does not work correct. Do you have any of the EXPs assigned to something else in the SYSTEM/CONTROL section? If you do these will override patch assignments. Other than that I will look at the patch to make sure it is set up right. Let me know if you find anything.

Brent Flash

Brent Flash

I just downloaded the patch I pointed you to and the Wah works on EXP 1. I guess you need to give me more info before I can figure out what your problem is.  ???

joske1967

Hi Brent,

Thanks for your help and sorry for being such a dumb-a..  :-\

It still isn't working. I checked a few things... I am on sysex mode on the FC-300. If I choose a different mode on the FC-300 then the red let works when I step on EXP 1. I fact all all other 3 modes but not the sysex mode.

I have for instance a clean patch and this one allows me to, when I step on EXP2, activate a wah. Maybe it is because of this patch because it overrules something? Like you said?

I hope you understand my English buy the way....

Jos

Brent Flash

You may need to save all your patches that you have created or changed and do a reset. Before you do that you should look in the SYSTEM/CONTROLLER section and make sure all CONTROLLERS have "ASSIGNABLE(PATCH)".

Leave the FC-300 in SYSEX mode.

Also there is a setting in the FC-300 that determines how hard you have to press the toe on the EXP pedals to activate the toe switch, maybe it is set too hard for you to get it to come on. If all else fails you can turn it on in the FX section just to see if your pedal it working the WAH.

Make sure you are testing with the patch I pointed you to. Good Luck!

sixeight

Hi Jos,

Where are you based in the Netherlands? I live in Drachten. If you are really stuck, maybe we could sort something out. I use the FCB1010 though and not the Fc300...

Greetings, sixeight

Elantric

FWIW - be sure any Roland/Boss Expression Footpedal with Toe down engaged switch (GR-55, GP-10, FC-300) is placed on a hard floor - not padded carpeting.

Its common problem all newbies encounter is the Toe Down switch ( to activate the Wah) never activates because not enough downward foot pressure is applied to the Expression pedal when used on Carpeted Floor.