Show us your VGuitar gear ...

Started by GrinPicker, March 09, 2009, 12:28:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrinPicker

No studio set-ups.  I am interested in what you use for gigs. 

Currently I am using:

Behringer KX3000 Keyboard Amp
Brian Moore C-90P.13
Am Strat with GK-3
Fender Cybertwin Controller
Custom made ErnieBall Expression Pedal

I have been flip-flopping amps, and I am still not fully happy... Love to hear about or see your rigs...post'em if ya gott'em.

~Andy

germanicus

Variax 600 with gk3 or Godin xtSA via 13 pin to:
VG99 w/FC300
Midi out from 99 to either a gr33 or my laptop running Soft Synths (M-tron/Kontakt).
Audio out(s) goto an rc-50
RC-50 to drummer headset mix (for loop/clicks)
RC-50 to Traynor K4 Amp.

I use a Line 6 Pod x3 Live as backup for the 99 and have an additional Variax 300 as a backup. Sometimes will also use a Variax 700 Acoustic live.

My albums done with modeling/guitar synth at http://music.steamtheory.com

JTV69/59P/Godin LGXT/Multiac ACS/Variax 700 AC
Helix/FTP/GP10/VG99/SY1000
Traynor k4

maxdaddy

Variax Acoustic 700 with GK3.

Straight to the board out of the VG99.

In my duo gig, I monitor myself through the PA monitors. In the church gig, I use a full-range keyboard amp as my stage monitor because that's a full-band arrangement.

I use the Variax acoustic sounds and the VG99 sounds together. The Variax acoustic sounds are more legit sounding to my ears, so I use those sounds as needed.

I have a JamMan Looper and a AdrenaLinn2 in the pedalboard as well.

guitarnstuff

I have a Carvin AE185 with a GK3...mostly use GK3 rather than mags. VG99 with FC300. Also have midi module I picked up on Ebay, a Roland Sound Canvas SC88 and often blend pad, strings, or organ sounds with whatever sounds are coming from VG99. I run into a stereo keyboard amp, a Motion Sound (KP200S).

rcknrllmn

Fender RR Strat or Gibson Les Paul Custom w/GK-3 to:
                               VG-99 controlled by FC-300 with Boss FSL switches.
                         --> Guitar out to Digitech Whammy --> Boss Octave Pedal --> Rocktron Banshee--> Vocal Mic--> PA
                         --> VG-99 1/4" outs to a pair of Behringer 15" powered monitors.
                         --> VG-99 XLR outs to stage snake, stage mixer & house mixer, to in ear monitors mixed with backing/click tracks.         

fokof

Either
Carvin LB75PF fretless bass , modded with a Graphtech kit. http://carvinbbs.com/viewtopic.php?t=13012
OR
Warmoth project bass ; http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=6342.0

To VB-99
XLR to FOH
1/4 to a RCF ART310A ;http://www.rcf.it/products/view/tags/active-speaker/art-310-a/professional-speaker-systems/art-series

I use an FC300 and I mount my VB99 with the PDS10 stand

rsheldon

Ibz GK1520 (or other GK equipt Fernandes).  TC Gsystem, Mesa Triaxis/20-20 rackmount into stereo split Marshall.  Most of the VG sounds into this are using the models/tuning and not the FX/amps.

I also use the sub outs direct to the mixer.  Acoustics, high fidelity and just adding a bigger extra guitar to the main amp run to the board through the sub.

I have also used the VG with my FC300 direct to the PA live with no other amp.  It took a LONG time to program my patches to my satisfaction though but now it exists and most of the patches are good to excellent live.  My Bass player hated it as we are a 3 piece and he did not "feel" enough guitar in his monitor
Gear: VG-99/FC300, GR20, Ibanez 1520GK, Fernandez with GK3 (other various electrics and acoustics), Mesa Triaxis, 20/20 with Marshall 412 1960B (split stereo), TC Gsystem, Boss DS1, Morley Vai (vol and Wah pedals)

TheGuitarPlayer

I use a custom built Strat-Style guitar into a VG-99 which is connected to a Roland FC-300.  The FC-300 has two Boss FS-6's plugged into it for additonal control buttons.  The VG-99 runs into a Crate GT212 and usually, whatever PA we are using (via the XLR outs on the VG-99.

djidoe

Here's mine :

USA Strat or Gibson Les Paul or Ibanez Prestige (all equipped with GK3)
VG99 w/FC300
SA-300

Jeff

paults

Since most of your sounds are models/tunings into a conventional amp, what global output setting are you using? "STACK RETURN", or do you use "LINE"?

Quote from: rsheldon on August 24, 2009, 03:03:54 PM
Ibz GK1520 (or other GK equipt Fernandes).  TC Gsystem, Mesa Triaxis/20-20 rackmount into stereo split Marshall.  Most of the VG sounds into this are using the models/tuning and not the FX/amps.

I also use the sub outs direct to the mixer.  Acoustics, high fidelity and just adding a bigger extra guitar to the main amp run to the board through the sub.

I have also used the VG with my FC300 direct to the PA live with no other amp.  It took a LONG time to program my patches to my satisfaction though but now it exists and most of the patches are good to excellent live.  My Bass player hated it as we are a 3 piece and he did not "feel" enough guitar in his monitor

Jimijam

Jackson SL1
GK-3
VG-99 with FC300
Yorkville 100W Keyboard amp

like this amp for accoustic patches
in this video I use 12string accoustic, alternate tuning open A patch.

aliensporebomb

Another Soloist user.

Did you have trouble mounting your GK3?

I ended up unscrewing the bridge pickup surround, moving it up 2 millimeters, then redrilling the screws and
putting it into place.  A bit nervous and nerve wracking but once I did that I mounted the GK main part to the
body and then I doubletaped the hex pickup into place?  I can return it to "stock" inside of 10 minutes but I'm
now hooked and the guitar is really fantastic to use for a VG controller.

Watching your video now, sounds good!
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

Jimijam

Thanks aliensporebomb,

I didn't do anything to the bridge pickup, I'm just lucky I have a millimetre clearance on each side as you can see from the photo and same here I just taped it in. The only disadvantage of the GK pickup is I can't pull-up the Floyd anymore since my setting preference to the string action is very, very low, well I just leave it to the VG-99 D-Beam.

A2theT

Ya I'm having this exact same problem.  Does anyone know of a floating bridge that does not lower the string action when pulling back on the bar?  I play an Ibanez and a Jackson with Licensed Floyd Bridges and its very frustrating.  The D-beam is fun but Its not a bar and its not possible to reproduce the same effects with the D-Beam as a real bar.  i.e. reverse or forward flutters etc.  I was thinking that the only solution for me would be to install one of those RMC Ghost bridges but they are damn expensive and I prefer the GK. Maybe I will lower the GK and crank the sensitivity up.......
HEAVY on the METAL
Axe-Fx II, Roland VG-99 + FC-300, Roland GR-55, Digitech Jamman Stereo, Ibanez/ESP/Jackson Guitars

Brent Flash

Quote from: A to the T on December 30, 2009, 06:24:31 AM
Ya I'm having this exact same problem.  Does anyone know of a floating bridge that does not lower the string action when pulling back on the bar? 
Steinberger Trans Trem II, Trans Trem III, S-Trem, and XS Trem.

cynegetic

You don't have to be as close to the strings per Roland's specs. Try to be as close as possible but you have wiggle room. I have a GK on my Ibby 7 string with edge trem and the GK doesn't even look close enough to pick up a signal but it works and I can pull up.

Elantric

A2theT

The only Steinberger I could see myself playng is the ZT-3 Custom but I don't need a trans-trem with my VG :-)
The Stetsbar just doesn't look right on a metal axe....

I will try the "lowering" option tomorrow
HEAVY on the METAL
Axe-Fx II, Roland VG-99 + FC-300, Roland GR-55, Digitech Jamman Stereo, Ibanez/ESP/Jackson Guitars

guitarnstuff

Consider a kahler or a washburn wonderbar.

A2theT

I removed a spacer and lowered the GK pickup about a millimetre and it did the trick.  I can now pull back on the bar without fretting out on the pickup.  I did have to create a new GK sensitivity setting.  Before I was sitting between 60-65 now the sensitivity is betwee 85-92.
HEAVY on the METAL

MCK

Ok. This one is likely to have a little bit of everything so I'm sticking it in the General Discussion forum. With my recent purchase of GR-55 replacing my GR-33 in its place the rig is now ever more complete. I feel it is now time to post it and start sharing experiences about my learning so far and areas for improvement... Here's a quick rundown :

VG99 +VB99 + GR-55 - No comments on these as they are well covered elsewhere on VGF

A - Boomerang III Phrase Sampler - A very capable stereo looper
B - CHD SGUS-3 - 3 x GK In -> 1 GK Out + 1 Guitar Out selector pedal from Czechoslovakia
C - Ethernet Selector - To share FC300 amongst VG99 & VB99 - 1 active at any given time
D - SPLITMIX4 - FOUR CHANNEL PASSIVE SPLITTER/MIXER
E - Parker Fly Custom with GK-3 factory installed
F - Custom Headless Baritone from VanceG
G - Zoom R16
H - Roland FC-300: MIDI Foot Controller
I -  BX5a Deluxe - 70-watt Bi-amplified Studio Reference Monitors
J -  Fender Roland Ready Strat made fretless and Sustainiac installed
K - Gibson Dark Fire ... She occasionally also wears a GK-3 for a change
L -  ESP E-CY-165CTM ... And more here on the Internal GK3 installation on this guitar
M - Ibanez SR900FM 4 string bass with external GK-3B kit.

I will outline how this all comes together in a later post. For now I turn it over to you...

RicardoLove

I think you won the V and GR prize...I am to envious of you! Wow!!!!! :o
email: ricardolovemedia@gmail.com
demo web site: http://www.reverbnation.com/rlove
GR-55 demos http://www.soundcloud.com/ricardolove
For hire Music Producer/Remixer

MCK

Quote from:  RicardoLove on February 10, 2011, 04:15:08 AM
I think you won the V and GR prize...I am to envious of you! Wow!!!!! :o

Don't be. I'll be the first to admit that I compensate with gear what I lack in talent! I evy all of you who are natural talents. I have to work at it real hard but it is lots of fun no matter what!

aliensporebomb

Very nice rig indeed!

OK pictures forthcoming...
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

ZenSonic

MIM Roland Ready Strat with Fender flamed maple neck, Custom Shop 54s, GK2A and upgraded hardware

Canton Headless Custom Guitar Pre Allen Holdsworth addition with GK3

Catalyst NXT one piece ceramic graphite guitar with GK3 and Sustainiac (once I figure out how)

Roland GR55

Roland US-20  (soon to be sold like my VG-99 and GR-33)