Roland GA212/Boss GT100 connection ?

Started by Graham G, May 30, 2015, 05:04:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graham G

I have a question about connecting a GT100 into the GA212 amplifier.
In the GA manual it shows a GT100(or similar)connected from L/R outs into the L/R main in of the GA212.
I've been watching a Roland Canada you tube Video(which i think Elantric posted) presented by Don(can't remember his surname),in this Vid he connects the GT100 L/R outs to the GA212 returns & selects combo return on the GT100.

My question is,when connected to the returns,is the only Volume control in operation the Master Volume? & is the GT100 output still set to Combo Return?.

I've looked at the flow chart of the 212 & when the Main in of the 212 is used,one disadvantage is the Line out jack is by-passed,(i think i'm correct in this).

Cheers,Graham.

Mrchevy

Either or will work fine. The only difference is....GT100 L/R OUTPUT to EFFECTS RETURNS on amp gives you signal thru the amps reverb and signal at the LINE OUT of the amp. GT100 L/R OUTPUT to MAIN IN A/B (L/R), goes direct to power amp (no reverb or line out signal) and bypasses the amps preamp section. Both scenario's run thru the Master volume on the amp. Line out signal is before master volume so it is constant level. The output setting on the GT100 is not affected by how you rout things on the amp. This setting is basically an EQ curve preset for various connection scenario's and depending on the setting, may or may not bypass cabinet/mic sims. This setting is a preference thing to what sounds best to you and is not written in stone as to which one you should use. So, to answer your questions...

Quote from: Graham G on May 30, 2015, 05:04:23 AM
My question is,when connected to the returns,is the only Volume control in operation the Master Volume?

On the amp, yes, regardless of which way you input the GT100. But you still have additional level and volume control on the GT100.

Quote from: Graham G on May 30, 2015, 05:04:23 AM
is the GT100 output still set to Combo Return?.

If you mean should it be set to combo return, it depends on what sounds best to you. Try it with the different settings and see.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG 50's prototype
Squire classic vibe 60's
Epi LP Modern
Epi SG Custom
Martin acoustic

Princeton chorus 210

GT100
GR-55
Helix LT
Waza Air Headphones
Boomerang III

And, a lot of stuff I DON'T need

Graham G

Mrchevy.Thanks for taking the time to reply & the info.
Regards,Graham.