Does the FC1 store patches?

Started by shedshark, April 30, 2016, 04:20:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shedshark

I was watching a demo a few months ago (which I can't find now) where the person said that patches were stored in the FC1 unit. 

My question is this:

Can the patches that I create be stored in the FC1 unit and allow me to use them without my computer?  It seems unlikely since it would need to run instances of Kontakt, et al.

BBach

They are actually stored in the guitar controller, which transmits the info to the FC1 only when they paired. In other words, when you save the patches they are saved to the guitar controller. You write or edit patches using the triple play software, save them to the guitar controller. Then you can use the triple play with the FC1 without a computer. Obviously, you need a computer to run soft synths, but you can control any hardware or software synth with just the guitar controller and the FC-1 sans the triple play software. The Triple Play software organizes and optimizes the patches so that they are ready to play with minimal tweeking. So, if you are planning to just use the soft synths included with Triple Play, I would just get the guitar controller. If you want to control hardware synths in a live setting and no computer, get that Triple Play and the Fc-1.

shedshark

Quote from: BBach on April 30, 2016, 05:09:08 PM
They are actually stored in the guitar controller, which transmits the info to the FC1 only when they paired. In other words, when you save the patches they are saved to the guitar controller. You write or edit patches using the triple play software, save them to the guitar controller. Then you can use the triple play with the FC1 without a computer. Obviously, you need a computer to run soft synths, but you can control any hardware or software synth with just the guitar controller and the FC-1 sans the triple play software. The Triple Play software organizes and optimizes the patches so that they are ready to play with minimal tweeking. So, if you are planning to just use the soft synths included with Triple Play, I would just get the guitar controller. If you want to control hardware synths in a live setting and no computer, get that Triple Play and the Fc-1.

OK, this sounds awesome, but I want to clarify before I jump around all happy..

So, I can create a patch using Kontakt, SampleTank, etc in the FTP software, they get stored to my controller, then I can use FC1 to recall those same patches without the computer?

Is there a Kontakt engine in the FC1, or something?  This is too cool.

Side question: where in the documentation does it talk about running external synths?  I want to drive my GR33 with it, but I'm not seeing anything in the files, yet.

Edit: Oops, yes I do.

Thanks again!

BBach

No, don't jump around and be happy. You need a computer to run sampletank and the NI stuff. If you run the soft synths on your computer, you do not have to open the Triple Play software if you have patches in those soft synths that you have configured yourself and are using. The FC-1. If you are using the included SampleTank and NI instruments, it makes more sense to use the Triple Play software. These soft synths are not replicated in the FC-1. Only the information to call up the patch (on either a soft or hardware synth) and some controller messages are stored in the guitar controller that sends that info to the FC-1. In other words, the FC-1 is primarily for controlling hardware synths with out a computer. VST synths can be summoned from within the Tripleplay controller software and the included soft synths are configured in such a way as to save you hours of time setting up patches that are optimized for midi guitar. I know this is confusing. I recommend just getting the triple Play without the FC-1 for starters. If you want to play live without a computer, also buy the FC-1 and a multitimbral hardware synth. Hope I have not confused you more than I did with my initial reply.