VG-99 - Is there a preferred ft. controller for the VG-99 ?

Started by Radley, July 13, 2013, 07:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radley

I refer to any controller with two foot pedals... I like the idea of 10 instant-access patch buttons if possible...

Kevin M

The Roland FC300 works great. You can expand it by adding FS6 switches as well.

musicman65

The FC300 has better integration than a generic midi foot controller. It uses an Ethernet cable to interface to the VG99 that supports 2 way communications and natively operates in SYSEX mode that allows patch names to display on the pedal. No programming is needed in the pedal itself....it just works. Also, it has 2 expression pedals, expandable inputs (more switches and exp pedals) and it is built like a tank!

It is the purpose built floorboard for the VG99. No others compare.

bd

aliensporebomb

Not only that, the FC-300 is built like a tank - durability to the max.  Gigged many times with no problems at all.
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

rolandvg99

FC-300 is built like a tank, is very flexible regarding additional controls and is powered by the VG-99. They are a perfect match.
To V or not to V: That is the question.

My little Soundcloud corner

Radley

Thanks guys - That would seem to make the decision pretty easy for me  8) Is the FC300 the unit Bill R. is using as well?

musicman65

Radley,

I don't recall Bill R. indicating which floor controller he uses but he may have. From what I've seen of his amazing work, he's primarily a studio session player. The FC300, although awesome for the studio, really shines in live use. Most controllers will function well *after* programming the pedal. In the case of the ever popular Behringer FCB1010, that represents a total pain in the butt! If you want a generic controller to function uniquely per patch, the task becomes monumental.

With the FC300 paired to a VG99 in native SYSEX mode, all the settings are done in menus on the VG99 interface or software and are, relatively speaking, a walk in the park! Controller assigns can be per patch or global. Its the perfect match.

bd