VG-99 Mounting Bolts

Started by zebra, May 20, 2012, 03:34:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zebra

Hi.  I just got a used VG-99 and I am having a lot of fun using it with my Breedlove Mark 2 with the RMC pickup system.  It did not come with the bolts to mount it on a Roland PDS-10 stand.  I want to get one of those stands for it and I am sure I could easily buy similar bolts at the hardware store.  Does anyone know the bolt thread and length of the ones that came with the VG-99?
Thanks.

Kevin M

I don't have mine with me right now, but I think the specifications are printed on the back near where the bolt holes are.

LPHovercraft

M5 X .8

I found hex heads in the 'specialty' hardware drawers at Home Depot.
Houston Haynes - LPHovercraft

zebra

:) Awesome!  Thanks for the reply.  I just bought a used stand off eBay so I will go get some bolts now.  I am going to look for the kind with large plastic knobs that can be hand tightened so I can disassemble it easily for transport.

LPHovercraft

I didn't see any of that type (butterfly, I believe) in metric sizes. But I cam't image that they'd be hard to find at other places or online.

I'm using pan head hardware through a metal shelf, so if you're looking for the original standard hand-tightened bolts I would be happy to send you four of mine.

zebra

Thank you for your generous offer LPHovercraft.  That is a really cool set up in the picture.  Another member sent me a private message offering to send me bolts too so I think I have it covered now.

I am new here and I am really impressed at how friendly and generous the people are on this forum.  Thank you.  Once I learn how to use my VG-99 with my computer I hope to contribute here too. :)

LPHovercraft

Cool - glad you're set up. I'll keep the hardware just in case I go to a 'standard' stand arrangement. But considering how much I'm digging on the metal shelf arrangement it might be the permanent solution for me. Sounds like you've got things working - enjoy!

kenact

LPHoverCraft,

I'm sure you've answered this a thousand times, but what is that strangly fretted stringed instrument you're playing?
Godin Session & Montreal FTP, LGXT, LGX SA, Redline, ACS, A12, A11, A10, A4
Danoblaster Baritone w/GK-3
Gretsch Nashville, Viking
Fender Strats
Fret King Supermatic
Larrivee DV03RE
Parker Midi Fly
Seagull, S&P 12
VOX Phantom XII
GR-55, 33, 30, 20, GI-20, RC-50, US-20, VG-99, VP-7
Sentient 6
Cyr 7

aliensporebomb

My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

LPHovercraft

Möbius Megatar 'Hammer of Thor' model. I replaced the Ghost piezos with Richard McClish pickups. There's a thread I posted in the tappistry forums about that process.

http://www.hammerofthor.info

kenact

Quote from: LPHovercraft on May 23, 2012, 11:37:40 PM
Möbius Megatar 'Hammer of Thor' model.
http://www.hammerofthor.info
That looks pretty cool, but it's beyond my budget at the moment.  :)
Godin Session & Montreal FTP, LGXT, LGX SA, Redline, ACS, A12, A11, A10, A4
Danoblaster Baritone w/GK-3
Gretsch Nashville, Viking
Fender Strats
Fret King Supermatic
Larrivee DV03RE
Parker Midi Fly
Seagull, S&P 12
VOX Phantom XII
GR-55, 33, 30, 20, GI-20, RC-50, US-20, VG-99, VP-7
Sentient 6
Cyr 7