Australian User Group

Started by Macciza, June 28, 2011, 12:29:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macciza

G'day Mate . . .
Havin' a Barbie with Bruce th'other day we reckon'd we get an Aussie group goin' here. . .
Get back to us  . . .
Cheers
MM
'70s Strat, Brian Moore iM, VG-8, VG-99, FC-300, VL-70m, StringPort, SoftStep, Sentient6, iMac QC i7 27".

ProgMystic

Hey MM. There do seem to be a few of us. We could talk about bogans who like a cockatoo n stuff.... ;D

Are you working with your VG? I haven't seen many around the traps.
Once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken.

Macciza

Hi
Not playing live at the moment but have with various vg's and synths etc over the years . . . .
Wanting to get back to it though - VBass, VDrums, VKeys and EWIs would be cool . . .
Any in Sydney??
MM
'70s Strat, Brian Moore iM, VG-8, VG-99, FC-300, VL-70m, StringPort, SoftStep, Sentient6, iMac QC i7 27".

TheGuitarPlayer

I'm afraid I'm up Brisbane way, a little too far to travel for a jam session.

ProgMystic

Same. Gold Coast is my base. Always speak out when passing through though, maybe a chance for social exchanges. :)
I haven't gigged with mine yet either, still getting over recently broken wrist, but looking forward to showing it off.

gumbo

no luck ......

...bit far from South Oz!!

I'll be with you in spirit... ;D
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

pod

Hey Progmyster,
where u playing these days on the coast ..
are u using the GR-55 live, i'll come vist a gig as i'm down there often ..
cheers
Rob

ProgMystic

Rob

I haven't been gigging much lately. I recently had a major op on my wrist which was messed up after a bad break. I have something early Sept as my next gig in a Skyhooks tribute show. I will probably be using my VG99 on that one as a first live gig for it. We are playing on a 60s - 70s cruise in November so I have been working up patches to suit the show for that.

I think the gig is Sept 21st at the Goodna RSL. There wont be anything special as far as the VG99 goes but the show is good anyway, would be great to see you there.  8)

Cheers
Bob

cell7

Im an Aussie but living in Amsterdam NL, so i can talk sheilas and galahs no wuckas, but cant join the jams >:(

gumbo

"Im an Aussie but living in Amsterdam NL........"

....what did you do to get sent there ??   :o

..trust that your name isn't your address as well... ::)   ...just kidding Mate!...Tell us where to mail the Vegemite!!!

cell7

Quote from: gumbo on July 30, 2012, 04:51:45 AM
"Im an Aussie but living in Amsterdam NL........"

....what did you do to get sent there ??   :o

hhehe i got a 'job' :D

Quote from: gumbo on July 30, 2012, 04:51:45 AM
..trust that your name isn't your address as well... ::)   ...just kidding Mate!...Tell us where to mail the Vegemite!!!

The name is of one of my music projects bandcamp.cell7.com. Believe me im well stocked with vegemite, every visitor brings a jar!

Its an awesome place to live - shame about the weather here though...

ProgMystic

I'm told that without too much effort you don't notice the weather.  ;)

pod

Ah ... Scandinavian women .. that's why he's there ... !

.. and Bob are you 'Red Simmons' in the Skyhooks tribute band ?
bought 'Living in the Seventies' remaster a while back for nostalgia's sake .. F'ing great album .. good use of effects pedals for it's time also .. way ahead ..

ProgMystic

Pod, no I am Bongo Bob. We originally had a guy playing in the band as Red that really looked like him but he has moved on now doing his law degree. He has been replaced by Phil Eizenberg from the Ferrets. Remember "Don't Fall In Love". Great player and good guy.

We do all but 1 or 2 songs off the Living In The 70s album. I also really like the band, they were a staple of mine as a teenager. We've had the pleasure of playing with all the guys from the original band. Greg even dragged us down to Melbourne to play at his 60th birthday bash. They all got on stage and jammed with us for that. Whenever we are down there Bob Spencer gets up with us and plays a set and Greg usually puts in an appearance. Lotsa fun.  8)

Even though I am a prog freak (Yes, Genesis, Gentle Giant, Gong etc) Skyhooks had some reasonably proggy stuff in their repertoire as well which I still like to listen to.

gumbo

Quote from: ProgMystic on August 01, 2012, 01:12:24 AM

Even though I am a prog freak (Yes, Genesis, Gentle Giant, Gong etc) Skyhooks had some reasonably proggy stuff in their repertoire as well which I still like to listen to.

Couldn't agree more!!!    ;D

pod

The Ferrets  .. memories ...
this can go on forever .. but Railroad Gin came to mind as u mentioned the Ferrets .. Sounds with Donny Sutherland .. ;D

neophytte

I'm an aussie as well, but way over west side .... I know there are at least 2 other sandgropers in our midst ....

Cheers

Richard

gumbo

Careful Richard, there are some cheap Virgin flights to Perth at the moment...
...you never know how many of us will appear at your doorstep.. ;D

neophytte

Heh - we're OS ATM, my wife's Dad had a bad fall, so helping out around their home and looking after the Mum as much as we can .... but sure, we need some babysitters here ;)

Cheers

Richard

Toff.

Melbourne here - I gig several times a week, with a residency every wednesday night in South Melbourne. Would love to meet VGuitarforums mates!

(can't believe I missed this post for 2 years ^^ - If it wasn't for Elantric https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=11559.msg83986#msg83986)
Musical regards,

Toff.

Godin nylon ACS special edition (Light Burst Quilted Leaftop), Taylor T5 Classic, Fishman Triple Play, Roland GR-20, Roland GR-55, TC-Helicon VoiceLive 3, Digitech Vocalist Live5, iConnectMidi2+

gumbo

Still here, but still in Adelaide..
..although we have recently moved out of 'town' 35km north to a rural property, I guess "Adelaide" is still the best identifier.. ;)

BackDAWman

I play around Lismore/Ballina area in The Insomniacs and use a GR55 and TC Helicon GTX. If anyone is in the area and wants to come along to a gig you're most welcome!

Toff.

Actually, I'll be in Coolangatta QLD next week for 10 days - Planned to go to Byron & Ballina at some stage as it is a short drive and I enjoy the locations :)
Where and when do you play?
Musical regards,

Toff.

Godin nylon ACS special edition (Light Burst Quilted Leaftop), Taylor T5 Classic, Fishman Triple Play, Roland GR-20, Roland GR-55, TC-Helicon VoiceLive 3, Digitech Vocalist Live5, iConnectMidi2+

BackDAWman

Quote from: Toff. on June 24, 2014, 07:14:19 PM
Actually, I'll be in Coolangatta QLD next week for 10 days - Planned to go to Byron & Ballina at some stage as it is a short drive and I enjoy the locations :)
Where and when do you play?

Playing at The Richmond at Lismore on the 18th July and Mary Gilhooleys at Lismore on the 26th July. We're having a little break at the moment as I'm moving house and have a holiday coming up the following week.

Macciza

Hi All
Still in Sydney - not gigging . . .
If anyone is passing thru could possibly catch up
MM