GR-55 - 7 STRING ON GR-55 !!

Started by edy 73, May 07, 2011, 11:05:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

edy 73

you need a 7 strings guitar like steve vai, john petrucci ... ;D...no problem guys ... SYSTEM...ALT TUNNIG . BAAAARRIIIIIIITTTOOOOONNNNNNN tuning !! have fun :-)

I`L BE BACK  ;D

gumtown

Quote from: edy 73 on May 07, 2011, 11:05:09 AM
you need a 7 strings guitar like steve vai, john petrucci ... ;D...no problem guys ... SYSTEM...ALT TUNNIG . BAAAARRIIIIIIITTTOOOOONNNNNNN tuning !! have fun :-)

I`L BE BACK  ;D
Except you will only have 6 strings !!
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

champ28k

Would a seven string guitar equipped with say a graphtech seven lb63 be compatible with the gr55?

gumtown

Quote from: champ28k on May 17, 2011, 01:12:06 PM
Would a seven string guitar equipped with say a graphtech seven lb63 be compatible with the gr55?
The GR-55 can only use 6 string signals, so 1 string will have to miss out.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Elantric

Although if you are clever, it is possible to send the top 6 strings to the Graphtech 13 pin interface adapter, while the low B string gets fed on the "normal mag PU" signal on the 13 pin cable.

Then on the GR-55 you could feed the low B string to its own signal path (using the Normal PU path) and COSM amp modeling. 

Tom K

Quote from: champ28k on May 17, 2011, 01:12:06 PM

The GraphTech Hexpander actually has a connector for a seventh string. But you can´t use string 6 and 7 at the same time, as they share one monophonic channel.

damienmcgauley

ummmm, Wonder what would happen if you connected the Low B and High B outputs from the Piezo's together. Obviously you couldn't play both strings at the same time but it might work, no?

Any opinions on that guys?

Elantric

QuoteObviously you couldn't play both strings at the same time but it might work, no?

Actually with the Roland GR-55 COSM guitar patches you can play both bottom strings at the same time.

However, the Guitar to MIDI or PCM Synth patches will definitely mis-track!

damienmcgauley

Sorry, I meant you couldn't play both the high B string and low B string at the same time (unlikely you'd be strumming a 7 string anyway...).  I think it might work...!

I've got a Schecter Jeff Loomis FR7 arriving later this week, this may be a future hack I need to try!  :)

Afreud

Hey so  this is my first post. I have a godin multiac 7 string that I love like crazy and got the gr 55 assuming that there'd be a way to configure it for seven strings since the guitar was obviously designed to be played with a Roland guitar synth. I'm getting the impression from reading some other posts that this is not the case (maybe I'm mistaken). I really want to play all seven strings. Is there an external device or something of the sort available to remedy this issue that anybody knows of?
And feedback would be hugely appreciated.
Ps I have a kindergartners grasp of most of these things and will take any advice  can get.

Elantric

read ALL posts above

Quote. I have a godin multiac 7 string t

Is there a special Godin Owners manual for this specific seven string model?

Typically RMC just feeds the two bottom strings to the same "low E" Gk13 pin signal path - which means there will be tracking problems for Guitar to MIDI, and drop outs on the low "B" for the COSM models on most patches on GR-55, GP-10, VG-99. Roland has never offered a 7 string 13 pin Gk processor. 

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MultiAcCGC7str?adpos=1t1&creative=83049425401&device=c&matchtype=b&network=g&gclid=CjwKEAjw9dWuBRDFs9mHv-C9_FkSJADo58iMtOaZP0oeD6hvDmzAFmqlue6MFusGFkHrJ1jzJrlL_BoCT83w_wcB