Hello from Denver

Started by Alec Lee, April 16, 2014, 11:07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alec Lee

After a couple decades of curiosity around guitar synthesis, I'm finally getting around to putting together a rig.  As soon as I can sell off some unused gear, I'm planning on having the iGuitarWorkshop folks do their thing to my Parker Fly.  Right now I'm torn between running it through a GR-55 vs. a VG-99.  Hopefully I'll learn enough from hanging out here that I can make an informed decision.

If you think you recognize my user name from other boards, you probably do.  Over the years, I've been a regular at The Gear Page, Seymour Duncan Forum, Fractal Audio Forum, Birds & Moons, and a few others.  Thanks for letting me hang out here!

Brent Flash

Welcome to the group aleclee!  :)

mtn2top

Welcome Alec.  Nice to see another Colorado musician on the forum. 

The GR-55 has been great for me because I'm more interested in having quick access to a wide range of instrument sounds, including guitars with some compromise for live control.   I've tried the VG-99 and it was fantastic for highly tailoring guitars instruments and amps.  The live control ability of the VG-99 is considerably greater.  The FC-300 controller really opens up the performance capability of the VG-99 but it runs up the rig price. 

Good luck on making a decision!  Its a tough one but fun one to make.