GR-55 - The Cult - She Sells Sanctuary

Started by cx1uk, August 03, 2014, 12:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cx1uk

She Sells Sanctuary - Intro

My first attempt at a patch, so be kind!  ;)

It's primarily for the intro only as I'm using the GR55 and a separate lead feeding the guitar out to my Boogie and a Digitech effects rack in the loop for the distorted sound.

I've tried to aim for a useable (and recognisable) tone for live use rather than a perfect replica of the original.

Hope it's of use to someone... and feel free to improve it and re-upload it! ;)
Strat Plus
PRS CE Custom24
Taylor A10e
Fender and Bassman Amps
Korg Synths
GR-55
GT-100

Mac Software

and a banjo (Sorry)

papabuss

THX for posting.
Great song from The Cult created in 1985.
We're looking forward to every patch that comes close to the original. :)

FENDER STRATOCASTER (1974); BRIAN MAY RED SPECIAL; VG 99; GR 55; Yamaha DX 7

Music was my first love and it will be my last (JOHN MILES)

Jim Williams

This song has lots of possibilities for GR-55 patch creation. First I would use my natural guitar pickups for the main guitar part. For the main part he uses a Marshall (the Plexi would do) and think lots of effects! I would do an internet search for the BPM of the song and sync all my effects and assign the CTL pedal to tap tempo. A flanger will  be great for the modulation effect with much delay and some reverb. The compressor would be optional but it would help thicken up the overall tone. I would assign a COSM acoustic guitar on the Expression pedal to throw in for the clean guitar fills. for the lead parts I would use a synth lead with the guitar instead of a lead boost it will fatten the hole part up. for the intro use your volume knob for that cleanish guitar and the roll it up for the rest of the tune.

Everything from modeling to the real deal, my house looks like a music store.

cx1uk

That's pretty much what I'm doing with it. I dial up the volume on my guitar under the last chord of the intro and kill the volume of the patch with the expression pedal(The clean sound returns later in the song).

It's modelled using the JC-120 as that's the amp used in the original, but there are also two delays on the original which I don't think is possible on the GR-55 (without sacrificing the flanger).

Great tip about the compressor. I'll give it a bash tomorrow (too late tonight to crank it up... well, I don't mind, but the rest of the family might!)
Strat Plus
PRS CE Custom24
Taylor A10e
Fender and Bassman Amps
Korg Synths
GR-55
GT-100

Mac Software

and a banjo (Sorry)