GR-55 - U2 - One

Started by vPIPOUNE, January 27, 2014, 04:04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vPIPOUNE

Hello,

this patch was created on the basis of the heroes sound of the edge, with some changes. It works for the song One, a little song known only by hardcore fans.

I created the patch to be used like this :

• Intro of the song :  Normal PU on front-middle selector of my axis supersport with the tone on 3
  • Guitar while first vocals : CTL On. Activate gain on amp, with your normal PU set like before
  • Guitar with delay : CTL Off and EXP PDL SW On. Shut down normal PU and go to modeling guitar with delay
  • Strings while the rest of the song : just lift off the EXP PDL while on. It fades the modeling guitar progressively to the strings section
  • Song outro : go back to full toe position on EXP PDL On to go back to guitar with delay. Slightly release to loose the delay without playing string section

I didn't test it live (next friday !!). There must be some obvious improvements to do to sound great (volume adjustments, best work on string section), might be a useful basis to those who play this song and don't know how assignements work on GR55.

Enjoy

vPIPOUNE

papabuss

THX for posting vPIPOUNE.
Will check it tomorrow ASAP.
FENDER STRATOCASTER (1974); BRIAN MAY RED SPECIAL; VG 99; GR 55; Yamaha DX 7

Music was my first love and it will be my last (JOHN MILES)