THANKS to Moderators & posters

Started by tightlow, June 19, 2014, 02:59:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tightlow

I just want to say thank you to all the posters & Elantric, for providing me with some valuable info. that helped me pull the trigger to get a GR-55. I got mine yesterday, and was up 'til 5:30 AM...after a couple of hours doing the most basic setup on my Les Paul. (So far, I'd say it works very well, especially given that I doubt this is an optimal setup, pickup or internally). Yeah the reason I was up, was I could NOT put the thing down and go to sleep. Last night and today...four hours have slipped by, I've been really impressed by the unit, by and large. I can see there are months of tutorials and study to optimize this to my style, but the remarkable thing is, I keep going back to piano settings, and this unit does a very good job. Yes, I'm a very experienced player, and I fingerpick rather well, and I even dabble in piano, but I suck on it. I write parts, stumble through and forget the parts.
With the GR-55, it's already obvious that what I hear in my head on piano, will come to life, quickly.
And though i'm hardly through tweaking settings, really it's more of a technique thing than set-up (as far as I can tell).
What's most exciting is: after being a full time teacher for many years, and getting a bit unmotivated to write, this thing has me focusing on the guitar as though it's literally a NEW instrument, that I have decades of experience with...talk about a dream come true. I'm SO focused on playing with an  intense level of cleanliness that I'm enthralled. I've always been a technique hound, but this is like starting over...to feel this thing respond differently from a guitar, and to have to find a way to optimize it's possibilities (and realizing, I think-that it's well-designed enough to do it), this is incredible.

Thanks again to all...I've got lots of work to do (CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HOW WELL IT CAN TRIGGER SOFT-SYNTHS IN PRO TOOLS!)
-TIGHTLOW.
PS: SO FAR, LOW ACTION ON MY LES PAUL IS NOT REALLY AN ISSUE. I BELIEVE I CAN GET IT LOWER, IN FACT. This kills.

Elantric

QuoteI just want to say thank you to all the posters & Elantric, for providing me with some valuable info.

Hey - you are welcome - Tell your friends and students about VGuitarforums

Sounds like you are pointed in the right direction - all that's left is for someone clever among our ranks to invent a Time Extension Machine - so we can add 10 more hours each day to learn, play and enjoy all our music gear.

whippinpost91850

Quote from: Elantric on June 19, 2014, 03:04:30 PM
Hey - you are welcome - Tell your friends and students about VGuitarforums

Sounds like you are pointed in the right direction - all that's left is for someone clever among our ranks to invent a Time Extension Machine - so we can add 10 more hours each day to learn, play and enjoy all our music gear.

Isn't that a fact ;D