Putting pedals before the GP10 in the signal chain

Started by johnnyninja, August 22, 2014, 11:53:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnyninja

Hey guys,

I'm completely new to midi...

I'd like to build a small pedal board around the gp10, and I'd like to put a wha and preamp pedal before it. Is there a reasonable way to do this without there being an fx loop?

Brent Flash

johnnyninja

Thanks!

The more I think about this the more difficult it seems to be. Even if the signal could be spit, using a midi box or a Y cable coming out of the guitar, I'm still left with two separate signals. I wanted to use the reverb and delay from the GP10 and avoid having to be redundant on the board. Of course, I'm open to ideas.

mbenigni

You can apply external effects (wah, etc.) but only to your magnetic pickup signal.  To do so, you need to run a traditional 1/4" cable from your guitar to your wah, etc. and then into the GP-10's 1/4" Guitar Input.

There's no way to get external effects between the COSM guitar models and the GP-10's own effects - that is, there's no effects loop.  But you may find that, if you run both a 1/4" cable (with your wah, etc.) and a 13-pin cable, you can program different patches to suit your various needs.  In other words, program patches based on mag input only when you need the wah, and program patches requiring 13-pin input (for COSM/OSC) with the understanding that your wah will not be available.

johnnyninja

Thanks for the suggestion. It's so obvious I couldn't see it. :-\

mbenigni

Quote from: johnnyninja on August 25, 2014, 10:22:32 AM
Thanks for the suggestion. It's so obvious I couldn't see it. :-\

:)  Happens to me ALL the time.

johnnyninja

Mbenigni's solution is certainly easy but I'm trying to get around having the extra cable coming back to the guitar. I can't find a breakout box that has 13 pin in and 13 pin out along with 1/4 out. I guess I could make one but would rather not have to hassle with it.

Does one of these exitst?

johnnyninja

Thanks. I saw that but wasn't sure. I'll send an inquiry and report back.

johnnyninja

I remember seeing your mod when I first found the forum and was doing research but forgot about it. That looks like the solution. Thanks.