GR-55 - Recording Guitar-to-MIDI data in Cubase

Started by garrolou, January 02, 2013, 09:01:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garrolou

Hi I am a new GR-55 / GK-3 owner adn I love it!
I am having problems getting Cubase to record MIDI data on 6 separate channels as it says it can do in the manual.
I set up the GR-55 exactly as mentionned in the manuel and the forum but still cubase always record the data all 6 strings in the 6 MIDI track that I set up.Is there a setting in Cubase creates this? If anyione knows the answer I would be very grateful!
Cheers and Happy new year!
Claude from Montreal Canada

reba

Quote from: garrolou on January 02, 2013, 09:01:48 AM
I am having problems getting Cubase to record MIDI data on 6 separate channels as it says it can do in the manual.
I set up the GR-55 exactly as mentionned in the manuel and the forum but still cubase always record the data all 6 strings in the 6 MIDI track that I set up.Is there a setting in Cubase creates this? If anyione knows the answer I would

Hello and welcome

It's not  a real problem and everything works. Some years ago Steinberg removed the MIDI monomode from Cubase and chose a different solution. While recording only one MIDI track is necessary. It records the different channels in one and the same MIDI track. After the recording you have to go to the MIDI menu. Select "Dissolve Part" from the MIDI menu and choose "Separate Channels". Then the seperate MIDI tracks will be generated. There is also the possibility to "Separate Pitches", which is useful when you want to assign certain pitches to single instruments for drums etc.

Happy New Year!

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=5857.0
Godin Mulitac ACS Nylon, Washburn Monterey Studio, Hagström Classical Guitar, Roland GR-55, Kurzweil K1000, Cubase 7, Halion Symphonic, Halion Sonic, Native Instruments Komplete 9

garrolou

THANK YOU SO MUCH IT WORKS PERFECTLY!!!