FTP - DIY adapter to use GK 13 Pin Guitars with Tripleplay

Started by utensil, April 21, 2013, 01:29:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

80Hz

I didn't require trim pots to go directly out of the Godin to the Connect, but the 13 pin out of the Antares ATG-1 is hot and did need the trim pots (thanks Saulo Valerio for your help!).     I just made the video of my latest rig.   Godin > Antares ATG-1 > Adapter > FTP Connect > Ipad Gen4  (iRig Blueboard) and bothe the iPad and and Antares feed into the TC Helicon Voice Live Play  which sends the mix Guitar/Synth signal to the board on an XLR.   See full video here

whippinpost91850

Nice rig , reminds me of mine withe the integrated mic stand

alexmcginness

Im currently in the process of building that box that susbemol generously posted the plans for. Just waiting for the last of the parts to arrive by mail.

80hz, great rig concept you have there. I especially like the idea of the rig being used as the base for the mic stand. Great outside the box thinking there.
VG-88V2, GR-50, GR-55, 4 X VG-99s,2 X FC-300,  2 X GP-10 AXON AX 100 MKII, FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY,MIDX-10, MIDX-20, AVID 11 RACK, BEHRINGER FCB 1010, LIVID GUITAR WING, ROLAND US-20, 3 X GUYATONE TO-2. MARSHALL BLUESBREAKER, SERBIAN ELIMINATOR AMP. GR-33.

Nobulusprime

I might be a bit late to this thread, so apologies if I'm slow in picking things up!

All of my guitars have Roland GK-KIT-GT3 internal kits on them. I own a FTP connect and it's great and I can squeeze it in next to the GK2 on some of my guitars... What I'd really like is for the GK2 internal to drive FTP hardware so I don't have two pick ups on one guitar. As I understand it, this is possible and the FTP pick up has essentially the same (8pin?) connector (inside the case) as the GK and they are interchangeable though they have slightly different output volumes. I believe there is some form of jumper kit that you can put on the GK board which would mean that the Gk could output into the FTP connect. Obviously this would involve a bit of butchery of the FTP...

So I'm looking for a bit of advise for this method, it kind of the opposite of this thread essentially! I'd like a simple method to output from GK into the FTP connect chassis. I don't mind having the body of the FTP connect on my guitar but 2 pick ups is a bit too much!

alexmcginness

on the previous page of this thread is what I think, is the ideal solution to this problem. Your GK pickup can be used to drive the Fishman wart. Its a breakout box that has a GK input wired to the fishman wart.
VG-88V2, GR-50, GR-55, 4 X VG-99s,2 X FC-300,  2 X GP-10 AXON AX 100 MKII, FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY,MIDX-10, MIDX-20, AVID 11 RACK, BEHRINGER FCB 1010, LIVID GUITAR WING, ROLAND US-20, 3 X GUYATONE TO-2. MARSHALL BLUESBREAKER, SERBIAN ELIMINATOR AMP. GR-33.

80Hz

Quote from: alexmcginness on September 25, 2020, 07:10:47 AM
on the previous page of this thread is what I think, is the ideal solution to this problem. Your GK pickup can be used to drive the Fishman wart. Its a breakout box that has a GK input wired to the fishman wart.

Follow this plan it works!  https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=8413.msg179802#msg179802

mos6507

BTW, I'm going back to work on a GK->FTP adapter.  I ordered a prototype PCB off of the design I left off of ages ago and we'll see if it works.  I was hoping to use the excuse of COVID to get back on this so hopefully during the winter months I'll finish it up, but no promises.

Michael Dolan Doubleneck
Les Paul Custom

VG-99
FTP

80Hz

Quote from: mos6507 on October 09, 2020, 12:04:56 PM
BTW, I'm going back to work on a GK->FTP adapter.  I ordered a prototype PCB off of the design I left off of ages ago and we'll see if it works.  I was hoping to use the excuse of COVID to get back on this so hopefully during the winter months I'll finish it up, but no promises.

Any further developments on this?