GR-55- help with assigns

Started by Mauri60, February 27, 2017, 05:01:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mauri60

Hi everyone, it's a big pleasure for me to read again some posts here, i have severe lacks of time past months , sadly.
I ask your help for a solution about control assigns.
For me is quite difficult to explain well what i need for solve , but I'll try to do my best.
I have to realize a mix patch for a song.
Practically it's a mash-up of two pink floyd songs, breathe and brain damage.
I have to start GR55 player, to play a wav file with breathe intro.
for the song, I use a patch with a 12-strings acoustic guitar and a PCM strings patch.
second song , brain damage, starts with previous patch, but on second verse i have to play famous "crazy laugh" wav file.
With refrain i have to obtain 12-strings and PCM Hammond organ, and this repeat along the song.
Mash-up finish with another "crazy laugh" :)
the problem... I write successfully all assigns into one patch, and i switch patch with CTL pedal.
But you know well that CTL opens/close player... so I need to use for patch switching, another way.
S1/S2 are not available, because i use them for patch UP/DOWN sequence for songs, and I think about using EXP pedal.
But I really don't know how to realize these assignments... :(
I know... this is a poor question, but help is very appreciate as ever.
Note: all PCM combination use two capital sounds each.
thank you! Mauri
Nothing is impossible,if someone else will do for you.

gumtown

The GR-55 has limited control functions, especially if using the Wav file player, you lose the patch change pedals.
I can only suggest, if requiring patch change to use an external midi control pedal.
What are you using the EXP pedal for?
It can be used to make assign changes to the tones, changing the tone at a different EXP pedal position.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Mauri60

Quote from: gumtown on February 27, 2017, 10:01:04 AM
The GR-55 has limited control functions, especially if using the Wav file player, you lose the patch change pedals.
I can only suggest, if requiring patch change to use an external midi control pedal.
What are you using the EXP pedal for?
It can be used to make assign changes to the tones, changing the tone at a different EXP pedal position.
Hi Colin,thank you.
Patch change it's not a problem if i close (with CTL) Wav player during wav execution.
What I'm search is a way to switch tones in a certain patch with EXP pedal.
I've a patch acoustic+strings+organ and i need to swap strings with organ, cosm acoustic always on.
Normally when player is not in use ,i do this with some assigns pressing only CTL pedal.
When player is open, obviously i cannot...
I try with EXP pedal, but no success, I'm poor into that I know...
Each PCM sound have two layers two strings, two organs.
acoustic always on, toe EXP strings, heel organs, but no idea how to :)
thank you as ever.

Mauri60

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php
thanks to Jim for give me a good hint.
I'm at half way now, but for near next happening i have at least a mid-solution.
Instead of EXPON i use EXP for morphing a string PCM sound ( toe ) with a jazz organ PCM sound ( heel ) and let COSM acoustic always on.
It's a start point, bur enough for the moment  ;D
in future i hope to double sound layer capabilities for obtain a more rich sound.
My intention is to have at toe position two PCM strings, morphing into Two PCM jazz organ at heel.
maybe with another assign ? i continue to my NOOB alike tests.
thanks again Jim