Started by Elantric, July 03, 2014, 07:39:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

Yonac ToneStack

Still on sale $.99

and Motherload FX bundle IAP is only $13.99

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tonestack/id870269510?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D4

bbob

Anyone experience the amp knobs out of alignment in Tonestack?

I deleted and re-loaded the app, still the same.

iPad Mini 2

IOS 8.0.2

Tonestack v 1.4

I emailed Yonac support a couple of days ago.  No reply yet.

Thanks.

Bob

Elantric

I'm using IOS 8.1.3 (12B466) on iPad Air - Have not noticed any issues with Yonac Tonestack, except the introduction of the patch change delay with Tonestack v 1.4 - with a  long mute on every patch change.

bbob

I received this reply from Jesse at Yonac this afternoon:

Hi Bob,

Thank you for contacting us regarding ToneStack. Something is wrong with the OS on your device. We haven't seen this happen before, but the OS is pulling images from the iPhone version. I recommend updating to the latest version of iOS.

Jessie

bbob

Installing IOS 8.3 fixed the ToneStack amp knob alignment issue.

Elantric

How is the patch to patch  change for you?

Here on my iPad Air its very sluggish and I clock the change time at nearly a second  - with nothing but a silent gap between patches.

Makes the GR-55 patch change time seem lightning fast by comparison

bbob

On my ipad Mini 2, changing patches with a BlueBoard it is much less than a second but there is a definite gap of total silence.

Elantric

Elantric

Guitar APP Shootout

This video takes two well-known amp models and compares them like-for-like across six iOS guitar apps. The settings throughout are identical WHEREVER POSSIBLE; as some apps have greater or fewer choices, this is not going to be an inch-perfect comparison (so please bear this in mind if you're choosing to leave a comment).

If you wish to hear a single amp, they are here:

Ampkit Blackface (0:33)
Amplitube Blackface (0:55)
BIAS Blackface (1:16)
BIAS FX Blackface (1:35)
JamUp Pro Blackface (1:56)
Tonestack Blackface (2:15)

Ampkit Plexi (2:39)
Amplitube Plexi (2:55)
BIAS (3:13)
BIAS FX (3:32)
JamUp Pro Plexi (3:50)
Tonestack Plexi (4:09)

Elantric

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tonestack/id870269510?mt=8
What's New in Version 1.5
ToneStack now lets you insert Inter-App Audio apps anywhere in your signal chain! Simply browse and add Inter-App Audio effects, instruments or generators installed on your device. Use Input/Output gain to control the signal levels going into and coming out of IAA effects. For IAA instruments, use output and ToneStack Input levels to balance the instrument's output and the signal from the main input into ToneStack.

In addition, you can unlock the ToneStack 8-track and start using Inter-App Audio apps as inserts in your ToneStack recording projects!

The ABY effect now comes with an awesome new "Separation" feature. Use it to achieve a stereo effect with busses A & B panned to different positions. Thanks to this new feature, the ABY makes your tone beefier than ever!

mojo thorne

This is awesome... we will be able to use amps and effects from Jamup inside of the ToneStack app without a need to make complicated setup changes.  I haven't checked yet, but I assume this also opens to door for using BIAS amps in TS.  That would be a game changer for me.

I'm all in with ToneStack and have been very satisfied with the flexibility, simplicity and sound.  I literally replaced my entire duo rig with TS using IK's blueboard, and have missed NOTHING.

mbenigni

Quote from: mojo thorne on June 26, 2015, 03:11:40 AM
This is awesome... we will be able to use amps and effects from Jamup inside of the ToneStack app without a need to make complicated setup changes.  I haven't checked yet, but I assume this also opens to door for using BIAS amps in TS.  That would be a game changer for me.

Same here.  I really like ToneStack's effects, and the A/B routing is much more flexible than Bias FX (which requires an amp live in both paths), but Bias amps are still the best available.  If I can drop them into ToneStack without killing the CPU, that will really be something.

Too bad Amplitube doesn't support IAA (and too bad it's so lousy with IAP) - it would be nice to get the same functionality - with Bias amps inline - and drop the BlueBoard app running in the background.

sixeight

Quote from: mojo thorne on June 26, 2015, 03:11:40 AM
I haven't checked yet, but I assume this also opens to door for using BIAS amps in TS.  That would be a game changer for me.

Had a quick try, but received an error trying to open Bias from Tonestack... ???

Elantric

QuoteHad a quick try, but received an error trying to open Bias from Tonestack...

Same here - I get a spinning ball for 15 seconds, then a error message "Cant connect to Bias"

However i had success inserting these an IAA FX inside ToneStack:

* JamUp Pro

* IK Amplitube

* Agile AmpKit+

* Line-6 MobilePod

mbenigni

QuoteCant connect to Bias

Bummer.  Were you guys attempting to insert Bias FX, Bias Amps, or have you tried both? 

Bias FX (running a single amp instance) would be OK; Bias Amps would be better.

Elantric

I used an iphone 6 plus - and tried to insert "Bias"(amp) as an IAA FX  - get  "Cant connect to Bias" error message

I'll try Bias FX  soon with iPad Air

--

iPad Air (IOS 8.1.3)  I have success inserting these an IAA FX inside ToneStack:

* BIAS FX

* BIAS AMP

* JamUp Pro

* IK Amplitube for iPad

* Agile AmpKit+

* Line-6 MobilePod

* DB Flying Haggis

* ToneStack GO

mbenigni

QuoteiPad Air (IOS 8.1.3)  I have success inserting these an IAA FX inside ToneStack:
* BIAS FX
* BIAS AMP

Oh yeah.  Now we're getting somewhere.  :)

Elantric

I'm sticking with IOS 8.1.3  -as I understand later versions of IOS have issues with Audio apps (zero love for IOS 9 here )

mbenigni

Ah I didn't even notice the iOS version distinction - assumed it was a memory or CPU thing.  Bummer (again) - I'm running 8.3 across the board.

Yes, 9 looks like a whole lot of trouble.  Very ambitious... very hazardous.

whippinpost91850

Cool I'LL HAVE TO TRY THAT WHEN I GET HOME

Elantric

QuoteI'm running 8.3 across the board.

Report your findings with IOS 8.3

bbob

iPad mini 2

IOS 8.3

The first time I tried to insert Bias into Tonestack I received the "Cannot connect to Bias" message.

I tried it a second time and it worked.  ;D

Bob

sixeight

Worked for me too on second attempt. I am still on ios 7.1.1 on my ipad 4. Ios 8 slowed down my ipad 2 badly, so I figured it would do no good to my ipad 4 either.

mbenigni

Bias Amps inserts without complaint every time I select it in Yonac.  That's the good news.  The bad news is that it's not quite stable - every now and then, Bias will just stop cold, showing no audio input or output until it's removed and restarted.  Typical IAA behavior from all I've seen; just not quite ready for prime time.

It's a shame, because Yonac has hit a home run with the rest of their IAA implementation:  they allow for both IAA effects and IAA instruments (i.e. softsynths), which combined with their excellent A/B routing feature, is very powerful stuff.  (They also have a category for IAA "generators", which at a glance appears to include more complex DAWs, loopers, etc. but I haven't had time to play with that yet.)

It's really nice being able to add a Yonac reverb, for instance, to a Bias Amp, and then switch over to deep-edit the latter with said reverb active.  Just a shame I can't get this combination of apps to run more reliably.  Yonac is so close to being a complete solution in its own right, but I don't quite get on with the high gain amps there.

mbenigni

Another minor annoyance in Yonac:  it doesn't remember my audio settings between sessions, so if I launch it with a two-channel audio interface, and one channel happens to be a microphone, I spray feedback all over the room.  :(