Zynaptiq Morph 2.0

Started by starrats, April 23, 2015, 01:44:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

starrats

A month ago Zynaptiq released very innovative vst plugin - Morph 2.0 that uses very complicated math to blend sound between two signals. Maybe it is possible to obtain some good results if combining this with midi guitar. Morph 2.0 has 5 morphing algorithms. Two of them are available in realtime versions - for example how about playing midi acoustic guitar library like Realguitar 3 or Ilya Efimov and mophing output with dry guitar input and blending two signals to taste. One could get much greater realism of reflecting acoustic guitar vibe without losing articulations - bends, slides, vibratos, hammer-ons and pull-offs. Morph 2.0 costs 200Eur. There is 30-day trial version that requires ILok2. What you think guys?

==

http://www.zynaptiq.com/morph/

Real-Time Structural Audio Morphing
MORPH 2 is a real-time plug-in for structural audio morphing, the sonic equivalent of one object slowly changing its shape to become a different object - for example, one face becoming another. Super-charged with a selection of 5 different morphing algorithms, a stunningly clean formant shifter as well as a lush reverb that seems to extend sounds much like some highly revered vintage hardware boxes, MORPH 2 opens up a whole new universe of sounds to explore. Create seamless morphing transitions, new hybrid sounds that combine aspects of existing ones, physically impossible instruments, the furthest-out creature and robot voices, talkbox-esque effects and other outrageously unique new sounds. Whether you're a sound designer for film or games looking for that signature sound, or a music producer or remix artist wanting to create new content from existing recordings...look no further, MORPH is for you!

Zynaptiq UNMIX::DRUMS by Rock oN from musikmesse 2015

ainsoph

Very interesting idea , could be very useful for some slow evolving soundscapes & experimental pads , but what latency and response would be for faster playing should be tested

starrats

Ainsoph - How about running two GP-10s with my favourite two patches of yours. One with Trumpet Cap Mute and second with Metheny Brass? It would be really awesome ultimate Trumpet vibe.

ainsoph

Quote from: starrats on April 23, 2015, 05:41:06 AM
Ainsoph - How about running two GP-10s with my favourite two patches of yours. One with Trumpet Cap Mute and second with Metheny Brass? It would be really awesome ultimate Trumpet vibe.

haha  :D  GP-10 Orchestrion !

starrats

Tried version 1.0 from Prosoniq. I was messing around with JamOrigin Midi Guitar. For signal A plugged dry guitar and for B Ilya Efimov Midi Guitar. Unfortunetly no luck with this one. Bending doesn't work properly. Note gets cut out. Overall sound wasn't pleasing at all. I guess that result could be better if replacing dry signal with for example GP-10's Martin model. Too much flutter. Many errors from JamOrigin Software. Maybe with Hex solution and Morph 2.0 it will work. Mine setup didn't. Latency was unacceptable and in some positions attack was delayed.