Amplify GP-10. What do I use?

Started by sbjkd, April 16, 2016, 05:50:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbjkd

Hi everybody.

What is the best amplification device to use at "bedroom" volume to get a good sound with my GP-10? I just want to play along to backing tracks in a room at low volume. I don't want to spend a bundle on an active speaker or amp. I'm brand new to all things digital and I don't know anything. I'm a retired musician of 39 years of playing and I only have a Fender Blues Jnr 15w (as a practice amp) left from my amp equipment. It seems to me that its amp and speakers aren't suitable for a GP-10, or am I wrong? I'm using a Gibson Les Paul and a ES-335. Roland advised me to use either the Cube Lite Monitor, or Mobile Cube, but I'm not convinced. I've heard about the iLoud. I've yet to install the GK3 pickup.

No one here stocks those devices, so I can't try them. I live in South Australia, so it's hard to try, or even buy things here, and everything is very expensive. I had to buy my GP-10 sight unseen as nobody has them in my state. I look forward to hearing from someone. Best wishes.

gumbo

Welcome sbjkd..   ;D

Maybe start by reading this:

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=230.0

While a lot has been written by many, it's probably worth noting that in the main, VG stuff is a lot about the "ear of the beholder", in that everyone has their own requirements, opinions and preferences about the quality and feel of the sound they are desiring to produce...or for that amount 'expecting' to produce...

Spend some time digesting as much as you can that has been posted in the GP-10 sections...   ..and ask questions as you go  ;)

..and yes, Roland stuff IS expensive (if attainable at all in Adelaide!)..   I know because I live here too!   ::)

Cheers,
Peter
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

Jim Williams

when you look at all the options it will all boil down to you get what you pay for. I suggest a set of good studio monitors.

Everything from modeling to the real deal, my house looks like a music store.

sbjkd

Thanks a lot guys, you've been a big help. The small setup is doing my head in.

Cheers,
S