Greetings from Downunder

Started by midisynth, March 11, 2016, 01:29:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

midisynth

I'd like to introduce myself to you all and firstly mention what a great Forum this is. All the information and comments and reviews I have read on this site are excellent. A Forum like this is desperately needed as Roland Japan don't communicate directly with their users very much unless they need your skills. I am a longtime user of Roland gear. I bought some of their first products when they were Ace Electronics. They made a drum machine and a monophonic synthesizer. I bought the Roland GR-500 when it first came out and a ARP Avatar so I was committed to make it work!
I ended up using both at the same time by triggering the Arp from the Roland with CV and Gate Cables. I used this setup for may years professionally playing 5 nights a week and hundreds of gigs. I had no problems with this setup and adjusted my playing accordingly. I still love the analogue sounds. Since then I have purchased GR-300 VG8, VG88, GR-1, GR-20 Gr-30 VG-99 GR-55 Boss GP-10!
I'm always optimistic that each new model will be better than the last. This is not always the case!
I enjoy programming the synths myself and don't need hundreds of sounds. What I'm looking for are Synth sounds that enhance my guitar sounds. All the Roland Guitar Synths are capable of that. For a controller I have a fantastic Fender GC-1 ( must have been made on a good day) and several Godin Models.
I don't know what the future of Roland Guitar Synth is for us dedicated users. The direction they went with the SY-300 isn't for me!
I borrowed one for a few days and didn't like the sound of it. I've never heard a Synthesizer as bad as that!
It's only my opinion and I'm sure there a people out there that love it.
I hope I can contribute some useful comments and information to this great Forum.
cheers!
** MidiSynth **

Elantric

Welcome to the  forum
you'll fit in well!

whippinpost91850

Welcome to the family. You certainly do seem to have a long history with guitar synth :)