Case for a guitar with GK pickup?

Started by DeRigueur, February 28, 2011, 06:46:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeRigueur

I installed the GK3 pickup on an old guitar, but the guitar now doesn't fit into its case.  The pickup prevents the lid from closing.  I'm just using an acoustic gig bag for now.

What kind of cases are best for this purpose?
Fender GC-1 -- Boss SY-1000 -- Alto TS112A

shawnb

My hard case was formed to my guitar as well.  It was nestled in hard foam and a velvet liner, bottom & top.  I found the location of the GK3, pressed in very hard against the case, and the foam gave. So I am able to use my old hard case - it fits quite nicely (after a little brute force)!   You might want to try to see if you can do the same...

Shawn
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

gumbo

In my case I had to abandon the original Telecaster case when I fitted a (much-modified!) multi-lever Bigsby Palm Pedal...and also a GK3 internal kit...although that wasn't really the problem.. ::)

The increased 'height' of the guitar with all the levers made me look for something else...I was lucky  ;D  to pickup a s/hand keyboard case off FleaBay which fitted quite nicely....does involve refitting the interior, obviously, but not totally off the planet if you've got access to a hot-wire foam cutter.   ;)
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

DeRigueur

Fender GC-1 -- Boss SY-1000 -- Alto TS112A

Elantric